Nismo & HFCs vs. Nismo alone?

silstream

Hi folks,

Well, having come from a Lotus the Z needs to be a good deal louder! :yahoo:

I've had a great quote from Adam@Z1 for the Nismo exhaust and hi-flow cats for $1945 delivered to UK so just keen to understand how much difference the HFC's really make?

I'm assuming the exhuast alone makes no improvement to performance - just noise whereas with the Nismo + HFC's I could expect 5 bhp gain plus even more noise above having the Nismo alone?

Anyone upgraded both in separate phases that can speak to the difference each mod made? Problem I have right now is I only have budget to get the exhaust so should I get that now and the HFC's later or wait until payday and get both together?!!

I'll want a popcharger soon too but figure it makes sense to go for the HFC's while I'm doing the exhaust anyway so it's all done in a single fitting (whether by myself or local garage)?

Thanks again to Adam for the prompt responses and I'll no doubt get back to you soon!

cheers,

Pete.

Hi mate,

Buy both at the same time as it will save on shipping fees and also labour rates by getting them fited at the same time.

You can get a Popcharger easily enough now from traders in the uk for under £100.

Be prepared for a significan increase in sound :bose: but no increase in bhp at all once the self correcting ecu has detected the mods and countered them.

:)

I only got a cat-back but from what ive read on here they do make things a fair bit louder.

Don't expect any real performance gains but if your sheerly just after increased noise then go for it.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some real know-how.. :blush:

i'm in a similar boat to yourself mate, i want a nismo cat back but i saw a vid on youtube with a cat back and ultimate cats and it sounds awesome

also fancy a plenum spacer which adam does , :scare:

the problem with watching vids of the 350z on youtube is that you never know if they are FI

is it anoying with hfc's at motorway speeds ?

the HFC make a big difference to the sound - i have kinetix HFC and nismo exhaust (and kinetix plenum) and love the noise.. its quiet when youre pootling around but wind down the windows late on a still night and boot it down the road...

motorway speeds I find OK - some speeds are more annoying than others - I have driven for 5 hours on the motorway a few times and survived though