Really need help with reverse camera :(

gstraw

Hey all.

Really need some help with my reverse camera. I've got a 2009 car so I have the standard connect system. I bought the navtool and also got the Y cable modified. The navtool sees power whic is good.

Issue is I don't understand how to wire the actual camera up. I was advised to take a splice off the Orange cable in the boot since this is the reverse light signal. Where does this splice go? I wired it to the red wire of the camera and the black t ground but it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help? Thinking maybe Octet if he reads this.

Thanks

Hey

Thanks for the help.

In Nissan Sportz forum I was told it was the Orange wire. I'll try the green and white stripe.

Am I right in thinking that only the s video cable goes to the front and the other red and black need to be wired to the back of the car? (Orange or green wire)

If you want to have the camera to come on when you engage reverse, you need to run a length of wire (speaker cable will be fine) to connect to the purple/white (that's what was on my pioneer uni), it is usually labelled 'reverse wire'. With this connected, thecamera will automatically switch when you engage reverse.

1 Phono leads (with jack connectors) to the back of the headunit and back to the camera.

2 speaker cable from the back of the car to the headunit.

3 black cable from the camera to be earther (use the amp fixings in the boot floor)

4 red cable connected to the power.

Use the guide for a more detailed description.

Hey

Does anyone know for sure which wire is the reverse light? I can't see a green/white wire.

I'm gonna wire the camera to the cig lighter then wire the reverse wire on the navtool to the reverse wire which is one of the wires in the boot

Iwan where did you connect the reverse wire on your pioneer to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is deffo green and white. It's in the loom on the right hand side of the boot as you look into it. I have a couple of pix but they don't show it too clearly. I think you have to peel the wrapping off the loom to get to the wires. :)

yeah thats the wires that I peeled back. i'll check again. do you have the 09 model? non touch screen?

Mine is an '05 Roadster, I wired my own head unit in there. I don't expect the wire colours are any different though. I'll have a look thru my old stuff and see if I can link you to the info I used. :) Added a link below, the pix are about the same as the ones I took when I did it.

Edited by Floydbax