Centre console won't come out

JakeeyB

If you've got all the screws out it should just pull towards you, I did use a little bit of force, but be careful when pulling as the pods connector is right at the top.How many screws have you taken out? As one of the times I forgot to take 2 of them out and spent about 10 mins wondering why it wouldn't pop out lol

If you have some interior trim removal tools it might make it a bit easier so you can lift the back up enough to get some fingers under for a good grip.

Here's a good guide in case you're following a different one: http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

Maybe double check you've undone all the screws as Zedd mentioned. :thumbs:

I did the Bose hack a few weeks ago and also had a job pulling the console forward and out following removal of the indicted screws.

Referring to the pictures in the GMballistic link above.....and assuming you were able to pull the top of the console away (the bit where the 3 gauge pod is ..see picture 12)

Mine wouldn't pull out because the two brackets on each side of the Bose unit that hold it in place (ie the brackets with 4 screws each side holding it in) were catching right down at the bottom where they are secured at the same point as the white air con conontrol box ...see picture 17. The brackets are curved at the bottom and you can see the securing holes in them in picture 17

To get the console out I had to also remove the two screws securing each of these brackets (you can see the two black screws at the LHS of the picture at the bottom)

Once I removed them the console fell out and I was able to see what had caused the removal problem. However as I said earlier if you can wiggle the bottom curved bits of these brackets past any obstructions then the console will come out without the need to remove these screws I've just mentioned

Hope this is clear and can help