JDM bridgestone

chris w

Alright peeps,

i've a bit of a problem, i have a slow flat on one of my rear tyres.

My Z has the 17" alloys on so its running on 235/50/17 potenza's of which are a JDM tyre and not available over here in the UK , so im left with a few options;

1) buy a different brand, new tyre which is not want i want for the diff.

2) buy two tyres which i dont want to as the other on is in fine condition, and would cost an extra 150-200 for ne reason.

3)Part worn set? which are the same brand?

which are the RE050'S 235/45/17 HAVING A LOWER PROFILE?

HELP!!!

can the puncture not be repaired?

Even ifts the same brand different models can perform differently so don't go for a part worn. Id either buy two new tyres (or two part worn if your wanting to save some £'s) or do as Mike says and get some OEM 18's.

yeah thats what he meant.

You can get the RE040's here??

why is the ones you have different from the ones sold in the UK?

Cos he has 17 inch wheels ;)

I kinda understood that, but do they nopt do them in the 17" fitment?

As i said before, i'd buy two new ones (or prt worn) and fit them.

Goodyear f1's are meant to be a good wet weather tyre. I know every car is different but check the latest issue of EVo magazine. They test a few brands in wet conditions. Not a bad test.

I'm on my 2nd set of F1's on my 350. Find them really good in the wet, even in our heavy Winter downpours. My 350 hasn't been anywhere near the mountain snow yet, but the F1's seem to cope fine in hail, but that isn't snow. :lol:

Goodyear f1's are meant to be a good wet weather tyre. I know every car is different but check the latest issue of EVo magazine. They test a few brands in wet conditions. Not a bad test.

I'm on my 2nd set of F1's on my 350. Find them really good in the wet, even in our heavy Winter downpours. My 350 hasn't been anywhere near the mountain snow yet, but the F1's seem to cope fine in hail, but that isn't snow. :lol:

How much do F1 tyres cost for our standard Z wheels? (18's)

I can easily get you one tire if you need - that is the std size sold on the Z's here (what my car came with originally too)

thanks mate for the help, but i've got the pilot sports on now. seem like a decent tyre. anyone had them before?

I've had MPS on mine for about a month now and I rate them much more than the Bridgestones. Much better in the dry and at least as good in the wet.