Calling 350Z owners (Especially those in the Norwich area)

Hello all,

I'm a relative new 350Z owner. I bought an ex demonstrator '56 model in May. Despite being an old codger, I'm still getting a huge kick out of giving it some heavy right foot.

Now, two subject I know have been discussed many times before:-

1) The standard exhaust note is very impressive but everybody goes on about the Nismo exhaust. How much better does it really sound? What I'd really like to do is place my standard car next to one with a Nismo exhaust and make a direct comparison. Is there anyone near Norwich that could oblige?

Second I have reservations about my Bridgestone tyres. The stiff sidewalls make the steering very 'positive' but with the typical UK cold weather, they seem to take several miles of spirited driving to warm up. They are absolutely horrid in the wet. What's really the best alternative?

Firstly welcome, and rumour has it, that Zed is the fountain to youth. ;)

1) The standard exhaust note is very impressive but everybody goes on about the Nismo exhaust. How much better does it really sound? What I'd really like to do is place my standard car next to one with a Nismo exhaust and make a direct comparison.

One of my friends has a Nismo exhaust on his 03. I love the sound of it, a really nice throaty growl, sounds like it means business, but not in an obtrusive way. Can't liken to anything really, bit nicer than an Injen in my humble opinion. Also quite like the growl of the Borla.

(Yay, I found the old thread on our site in NZ, check this out, it has most of the big name exhausts with this reference site video clip

http://www.zmodified.com/gallery/index.php?cat=9)

Second I have reservations about my Bridgestone tyres. The stiff sidewalls make the steering very 'positive' but with the typical UK cold weather, they seem to take several miles of spirited driving to warm up. They are absolutely horrid in the wet. What's really the best alternative?

Put is this way, I couldn't wait to take the RE040's off my 350, and I went with my favourite, Eagle F1-GS-D3's yet again. Aggressive directional, hugs the road really well, even in our yukky wet Kiwi winters and heavy Spring showers. Although it's like everything, personal choice and it depends on your driving style too.

Check out http://www.tirerack.com

Hi mate and welcome, nismo exhaust is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice, there is no comparison am in s.e london not sure how far that it from ya but you are more than welcome to hear it :thumbs: type it in youtube there are some nismo sounds on there B)