Ticking noise on acceleration.

Mikev350z

Good Afternoon. Just wondered if anyone has heard of this. I have a taking noise on acceleration, could almost sound like tappets coming from the plenum area. Nearly through 2000-3000 rpm. I checked the oil and topped it up as it was on the low mark. The ticking is still there. Also notice it again through 5000rpm then goes away. Thought it maybe something to do with a chain guide or something when the oil is low but I topped it up and it's still doing it. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? Any thoughts please it's driving me mad.

It could be the fuel pressure regulator, get someone to sit in the car and rev to 2000k while you hold the fuel regulator, you should be able to feel the ticking if it's the fuel regulator. Hopefully you haven't done any damge with low oil, how much did you put in when you topped up?

Thanks for the swift replies everyone. No low oil light came on. The oil was on the low mark. Topped up with just under a litre. I will see if I can feel the fuel pressure regulator ticking tomorrow and let you know. Couldn't be the timing chain or anything could it? Any Zed owners Essex way if with a bit of knowledge I dont mind meeting up to see if you can hear it and help.

• 5 weeks later...