Testing the water - Maybe selling the Beamer

Kev946

I'm tinking of selling up, but not sure where, what price and how to sell such a nearly new car, i.e. most buyers will probably prefer a dealer over private.

1. How much is it worth, as nearly new cars are all in dealers etc. Also the M6 kit should help sell it and maybe add some value. The car has a list price of £59k with £5k of M6 kit. It's a June 06 with 11k miles at the moment, so has over 18 months warranty left.

2. Where do I sell it? I was thinking of a Pistonheads advert to start with. I'm not desparate to sell so don't need to do anything drastic.

Picture are on the thread below on page 2

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=bmw

Serious sugestions welcome.

Thanks guys

As an initial starting point I would say get it assessed by a dealer. Granted they won't offer you a brilliant price but it would be a start and 'in theory' would be a hassle free sale.

The link isn't working for me btw....takes me to my unread posts.

As an initial starting point I would say get it assessed by a dealer. Granted they won't offer you a brilliant price but it would be a start and 'in theory' would be a hassle free sale.

The link isn't working for me btw....takes me to my unread posts.

Makes sense.

Link changed so should now work

I'd say your looking at around the 42-44k mark... thats only my estimate mind... :headhurt:

You could try the auto trader or exchange and mart. The more exposure the better i guess...

Taking it to a dealer would probably be a good start as mentioned above.

Can't beat Auto Trader mate, website not the magazine.

Just price it competitively relative to similar cars and undercut the dealers.

You may have trouble selling such an expensive car privately, most buyers of a car of this value will want finance and have a part exchange, so it might take a while.

Good luck.

My experience of Autotrader has never been great (selling cars up to about £30k). Expensive and canvassers bugging the hell out of me. You may be OK given the value of it.

I would say word of mouth is the best bet, or even eBay. Plenty of people browsing and it generates more talking if nothing else. Everyone I know has had the most success this way. :)

Maybe p/x the 6 against a new car (assuming you will be replacing it with something)

I wil be replacing the 6 but with a cheaper car though. I wonder if a dealer really would take a car in p/x and give me cash?

I think a trip to the dealer I bought it from is first on the list. Then probably Autotrader for a few weeks. As I say I don't have to sell so can afford to wait for the right buyer. Just concerned that as many have said, the average private buyer wants finance/trade-in etc.

I wil be replacing the 6 but with a cheaper car though. I wonder if a dealer really would take a car in p/x and give me cash?

I think a trip to the dealer I bought it from is first on the list. Then probably Autotrader for a few weeks. As I say I don't have to sell so can afford to wait for the right buyer. Just concerned that as many have said, the average private buyer wants finance/trade-in etc.

Yes, most dealers will do "cash back" deals. If they don't want your car they will ring other dealers for an underwrite and they will try quite hard if they are getting a sale out of it.

You may do ok just hawking it around the dealers yourself but be prepared for some insulting offers - they will assume you need the cash and start low.

With it being quite new I would say BMW dealers are most likely to want the car, especially if it's good spec.

Let me know which model and year it is and I'll tell you what it's worth to the trade so you know what to expect.

What you thinking of getting next Kev any thoughts? 2nd hand Zed plus a good 4 seater :teeth:

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle so p/x'd mine.

I was happy with what I got which is the main thing, especially as it needed tyres, tax and a service....i.e £700+ worth

Does the rear bumper stop you putting a tow-bar on. just checked and looks like no tow bar on any 6'er

One thing that I was looking at was 550 only because it had brown leather and dropped 17-19k in less than a year. Likely to end up with a 335i

Problem is I need to trade-in my zed so likely be going to a dealer.

Does the rear bumper stop you putting a tow-bar on. just checked and looks like no tow bar on any 6'er

One thing that I was looking at was 550 only because it had brown leather and dropped 17-19k in less than a year. Likely to end up with a 335i

Problem is I need to trade-in my zed so likely be going to a dealer.

6er's can't tow. The car was never design to take a towbar, which surprised me. The 6er is a ground up design car built to be very light, so I guess designing the ability to tow would have added significant weight.

What you thinking of getting next Kev any thoughts? 2nd hand Zed plus a good 4 seater :teeth:

I was happy with what I got which is the main thing, especially as it needed tyres, tax and a service....i.e £700+ worth

Elise R or possibly an Exige... :thumbs:

Just noticed it's a 650i Sport, so assuming it's Auto an 06 books at £40725. I would expect offers around £38k from the trade and around £3000 less if it's a manual.

I've called the dealer I bought the car from to see what they will offer.

It's very well spec'd with nearly £5k of BMW optional extra's, e.g.

1. Steptronic Auto

2. Logic 7 sound system (surround sound etc.)

3 Professional Sat Nav

4. Voice Control

5. Heated Seats

Plus all the usual 650i Sport extras.

Good man :thumbs:

That is my plan eventually, trade Monaro in, in 2 years, sensible car and a pocket rocket

I'm sure you've missed the 'S' out after Exige.... ;)

Of course.. :thumbs:

However.....The thing is the Elise R with Super Touring Pack is just about an Exige and the Exige S adds a supercharger, (more to go wrong), and not much more power. An Elise R is 189 bhp after all and I do like the option of removing the top.

Of course.. :thumbs:

However.....The thing is the Elise R with Super Touring Pack is just about an Exige and the Exige S adds a supercharger, (more to go wrong), and not much more power. An Elise R is 189 bhp after all and I do like the option of removing the top.

Agree with you Kev, and you can still have that little buzz bomb Toyota lump fettled further. They work well with super chargers from what I have seen.

Bare in mind, with little power increases, you get a lot more go. It's all about percentages, especially as it weighs so little. :)

Just noticed it's a 650i Sport, so assuming it's Auto an 06 books at £40725. I would expect offers around £38k from the trade and around £3000 less if it's a manual.

I've called the dealer I bought the car from to see what they will offer.

It's very well spec'd with nearly £5k of BMW optional extra's, e.g.

1. Steptronic Auto

2. Logic 7 sound system (surround sound etc.)

3 Professional Sat Nav

4. Voice Control

5. Heated Seats

Plus all the usual 650i Sport extras.

Proper car then Kev, I looked at leasing one but decided against it. I personally would go for the convertible, but thats just cos I'm a posing git.

Stick it on Auto Trader mate, it's only £15 for a fortnight on the website and if you price it right you will get enquiries. Good luck.