Decats

JakeeyB

Looking to buy some decats and noticed some non silenced japspeed decats have come up for sale on ebay. Is there a major difference between silenced and non silenced other than noise obviously? :lol:

Also are japspeed decats any good? Or would you recommend spending a little more money?

Please don't buy the £100 cheap ebay (2fast2cool), or (ryan on fire) they crack and don't have brackets. I would recommend getting some that have brackets that fit onto your original bracket that your for your stock cats.

These are the one's I have which are great quality, have extra O2 bungs for mounting wideband O2 sensors if you want to run AFR gauges at any point and have extended O2 sensors to try & avoid O2 sensor errors (although they can still occur).

I bought mine from "gtschris" on eBay but they are also available from "Tarmac Sportz" if he has any in stock.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Berk-Technology-Nissan-350z-350-z-Decat-Exhaust-Pipes-Test-Pipes-De-Cat-G35-/141506074943?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20f26b593f

I don't find them raspy or anything similar with my Invidia Gemini exhaust system but then I'm supercharged so that may make a difference. I don't think the brackets HAMLNJ mentions is necessary and tbh you will be hard pressed to find De-Cats with the brackets from what I've seen.

I know they are on the Berks De-Cats for the 2007/08 350Z but I haven't seen them on any DE model De-Cats.

Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=6c57854b-9046-445b-819f-94422f204a2b

:thumbs:

Hi Gareth, I just found that without the brackets it made the y pipe flexis (fizz) or rattle when lifting off the throttle.

Fair point.

That's something I don't have to worry about as my Invidia has all metal connections/sliding metal joints with springs instead of any flexi joints.

Still don't often see De-Cats with those bracket mounts as the weight of them is a lot less than standard Cats so I believe most manufacturers don't have them on. Looking at Tarmac Sportz website I can't see any for our DE model Zeds ~ only the HFC's have them as they weigh more.

If you can find any put a link up so Jakeey has the option if he wants them with brackets. ;)

Please don't buy the £100 cheap ebay (2fast2cool), or (ryan on fire) they crack and don't have brackets. I would recommend getting some that have brackets that fit onto your original bracket that your for your stock cats.

I've got these. No problems what so ever, I neither use brackets. Also fine :-)

Heard a few people bought them and they cracked. Ignored it and bought some. Cracked within 11 months. I'm sure every batch have good and bad ones.

Heard a few people bought them and they cracked. Ignored it and bought some. Cracked within 11 months. I'm sure every batch have good and bad ones.

How much did you pay for them?

as you can see from the posts above opinion over the cheap ebay stuff is divided which is the actual problem as quality varies wildly so you may get good or bad it's pot luck i've had both good and bad if you can afford it pay a little more and get proven quality if not take a chance you might be lucky its not all bad just unpredictable :)