Split Rim Refurb

Zedrush

I forgot to add that as soon as I bought my wheels (in fact before I fitted them, which did not amuse the tyre fitters!) I applied a healthy coating of AF-250 anti corrosion spray. Apparently invented by NASA & is like a purply/clear liquid gel. About every 6 weeks or so I re apply. Available from a lot of motorcycle part shops & Ebay.

ps I was joking about using bleach!!! :teeth:

Digsy thankyou so much for that link much appreciated :thumbs:

Okay my wheels are now booked in with a guy in reading called the Jap Salon next saturday, www.japsalon.com since the wheel is split rim, the centres are staying exactly the same no refurb needed they are diamond black.

The barrel however will have the anodising taken off all four wheels, the wet paint in a very shiney sparkling chrome which he has sourced for me then plenty of laquer protection over the top, but not to the extent where the wheel becomes dull in colour. i will also have spare laquer at hand should a stone chip occur so I can get to it before water does.

I intend of having the wheels on all year round just means cleaning wheels with soap and water then putting a spray wax over it or the stuff you mentioned Rickya twice a week during winter and once a week in over the other seasons.

Thanks all for your help an advice, anyone heard of Jap salon?

Okay my wheels are now booked in with a guy in reading called the Jap Salon next saturday, www.japsalon.com since the wheel is split rim, the centres are staying exactly the same no refurb needed they are diamond black.

The barrel however will have the anodising taken off all four wheels, the wet paint in a very shiney sparkling chrome which he has sourced for me then plenty of laquer protection over the top, but not to the extent where the wheel becomes dull in colour. i will also have spare laquer at hand should a stone chip occur so I can get to it before water does.

I intend of having the wheels on all year round just means cleaning wheels with soap and water then putting a spray wax over it or the stuff you mentioned Rickya twice a week during winter and once a week in over the other seasons.

:lol:

So after all the recommendations etc you've still put them in with someone nobody has heard of?!?! :headhurt:

So after all the recommendations etc you've still put them in with someone nobody has heard of?!?! :headhurt:

lol, reason why if cant get spare wheels in time I can leave my car there at reading and my mum is near by during the week. Also read about 6 bad reviews on the recommendations of the place you mentioned, and after speaking to them on the phone, they seem like they didnt want the buisness but the other guy was extremely helpful and explained alot to me and went into detail what he does and how plus can inspect the place when I go up there

lol, reason why if cant get spare wheels in time I can leave my car there at reading and my mum is near by during the week. Also read about 6 bad reviews on the recommendations of the place you mentioned, and after speaking to them on the phone, they seem like they didnt want the buisness but the other guy was extremely helpful and explained alot to me and went into detail what he does and how plus can inspect the place when I go up there

:thumbs: Go for it, take it as you find it :)

:thumbs: Go for it, take it as you find it :)

cheers mate, gonna take pictures of the place and wheels before and after so will be able to recommend him to anyone if he is any good. Some of the work he has done look pretty good :thumbs:

Sorry I missed your call J - give me a buzz today so we can work out when you want these rims :thumbs:

Thanks Andy really appreciate it mate, the Chinese is on me on the 11th mate, and ill get you a new tyre sorted if I can :thumbs:

Don't worry about the tyres on my part mate, the rims just sit up in my parents garage so it's not like I need them :thumbs:

Sorry I missed your call J - give me a buzz today so we can work out when you want these rims :thumbs:

Thanks Andy really appreciate it mate, the Chinese is on me on the 11th mate, and ill get you a new tyre sorted if I can :thumbs:

Don't worry about the tyres on my part mate, the rims just sit up in my parents garage so it's not like I need them :thumbs:

cheers once again mate ill give you a call later :thumbs: