Iphone play music

chrisday1990

I did the Aux Hack and it works really well for what I want. Depends how much you listen to music? I've never had a problem with the sound quality of the Bose, but some people think it's shite...

Aux Hack = £20

Head Unit = £200-300

The hack is pretty easy to do:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/45398-how-to-bose-phono-ipod-hack-guide/

You can always try it and if you're still not happy then get a new HU! :thumbs:

• Like 1

As above, the ipod hack is nice & easy to do. I did mine. Originally i wired an iphone connector up to it so I could use my ipod, then decided to switch it for a normal 3.5mm jack plug which meant I could plug anything into it then really. I never had a problem with the bose system, sounded fine to me.

• Like 2

would it be fair to say if i like the quality of a CD i would like the bose hack.

I couldnt tell any difference between playing a CD in my bose or using my phone to play mp3`s via the ipod hack. Basically you are just wiring straight into the tape audio circuit, so it should be the same. All depends on how good quality your source of the music is. Most mp3`s these days are good.

What i do now is to just use google music and stream my music via 4g through my car stereo which seems to work really well. (unless i end up in middle of nowhere with no phone signal and the buffer runs out).

• Like 1

Thanks

What would you rather do, change head unit or cable, Is the existing head unit pooh?

Whole system is crap, cheapest is to do the soldering hack but best option is to change head unit, speakers etc but not a cheap option, all depends what you want...

Do the hack first as its pennies then see if your happy :)

• Like 1