Window drops when unlocking but don't go back up

richyrich

Hi all,

As title suggests, every time I unlock the door the window drops but doesn't go back up unless I operate the door switch. If I keep opening and closing the door I would end up with it completely open.

I've tried a few of the reset procedures I've come across on this site but not sure which is the right one - what do you reckon guys - which is the right one, or will it be door card off?

Richyrich

Bulletmagnet - I'm thinking that as well from what I've seen on here.

Oh well - too busy currently so sometime in the new year weather permitting.

First problem I've ever had with this car - still love it, and I get 50 SMILES to the gallon 😀😀😀😀

Richyrich

• Like 1

I have had a similar problem in the past even with a new motor fitted

Both windows drop a little to allow for clearance when opening the door, both windows are linked to this operation

Sometimes they get in a muddle and the problem is fixed by lowering both windows fully then closing fully followed by closing the door locking and unlocking locking the car.

When unlocking again the problem is resolved

This may help you however these windows seem to have all sorts of gremlins so I've recently become very anal bout my windows

Hope u get it sorted soon

Edited by Piranha

I had this issue once when the battery had been disconnected - but did the reset and all was fine.

Which has made me wonder if you disconnected your battery for a short while and reconnected and did the reset whether that may clear any lingering memory issue in the motors?

Problem sorted 😀

Just as Piranha hinted - ignition on, but don't start engine (don't really think this would matter tbh), lower BOTH windows, hold for 10secs, raise windows and hold for 10secs and all now ok - simple😃

Thanks guys.

Rich

Great start to the day, check my post no sign of a crimbo card .. :wacko: . but the West Mercia old bill not wanting me to feel left out kindly sent me a speeding fine!! :angry: then I get to work, find a nice (albeit tight spot.) get out of me car and window opens half way,,, after 10 minutes squeezing in and out of car window up and down, by now it of course starts to drizzle, fed up :rant:I leave it open, in to work cup of team, log on to Z Forum for info, and window all sorted!! :yahoo: Thank you! ,,,

All I need now is advice on how to fix the £100 fine and points,, or of course £85, half days off work for a telling off :dry: and £85 fine…. Oh well, have a happy Christmas all..