Help with auto folding mirror mod ASAP

chirag1988

I messaged him but think he may be busy and especially as its a Sunday so thought I'd post up a thread in case anyone else could help. The colour coding is different with my HR for some reason. Ended up just putting it back to standard and will attempt another day now...

There is more than one mod. If you got it from flyboy I'd suggest posting in his for sale post in the members traders forum. If you read through the posts there are plenty to of tips from others having issues. Took me 3 attempts to get it working!

What issue did you have mate? Is yours a HR by any chance

Does anyone know if the wiring is different on a HR?

Like I said read through his for sale thread, if there is an issue with the HR someone will have said so in the ~300 posts. You won't be unique.

http://www.350z-uk.c...k/page__st__280

I don't have a HR but you could just look in my signature to see which version I've got...

My issues were figuring out which wire was the purple one (power?) and not pressing down on the splicing clips hard enough.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Thanks for coming back to me Martin :) I think the problems may be the splicing issues that most people have had. I'll be attempting it again this weekend, however if there's anyone who's close to London (or within an hour's drive of) and has done the mod, and is available over the weekend at all for me to come down to them to give me a helping hand that would be much appreciated :)

Steve in Huntingdon has kindly offered to give me a hand with this. He's a sparky by trade so shouldn't have issues with making sure the electrical connections are correct. He's also got a HR as well and he's going to be doing his on the same day. Will also give me an opportunity to take the zed out for a nice blast up the M11 on Sunday morning and get to meet another fellow forum member. Smiles all around :)

Still haven't got round to fitting mine yet. Was there any difference in the wiring on a HR??

Steve in Huntingdon has kindly offered to give me a hand with this. He's a sparky by trade so shouldn't have issues with making sure the electrical connections are correct. He's also got a HR as well and he's going to be doing his on the same day. Will also give me an opportunity to take the zed out for a nice blast up the M11 on Sunday morning and get to meet another fellow forum member. Smiles all around :)

i see how it is. fair enough lol. youd rather travel far than 5 mins round the corner lol

Lol why don't you come along for the drive Brad? ;) it's just that the colour coding changes on the HR so I wanna make sure I've done it right, and would be good to compare with another HR :)