warrenty on leather

flirt

I had the same problem on my 55 after 18k miles, It has taken be 2 months to get Nissan to agree to fix it.

Had the seat back replaced last Friday! Only problem is the new one is a different colour and different type of leather. :rant::rant:

Dealer has told me that the part number for original seat has been superseded, therefore there is nothing they can do and told me to complain to Nissan customer services asking for both seats to be replaced now if they can't get the part to match.

Waiting to hear back from them :boxing:

As with any leather, if it doesn't get treated often it dries out quickly especially with modern climate control systems constantly workng and keeping the cabin moisture free. All manufacturers have this issue, it's not just Nissan.

Defence over, I put a claim in on mine for wear on the handbrake and passenger seat. It got the the MD of Nissan GB who still refused it. I got the wheel issue agreed, but alas no leather. One or two on here did get replacement covers / seats. You may be lucky. :)

you have to be able to prove that you did not damage it through abnormal use of care,

for example using soap to clean leather seats will dry the leather and cause it to crack...

The only warrantable item is

If the leather has been treated according to manufacturers reccomendations ( which are very vague...) and and there is clear visible cracking of the leather.

( note sometimes what looks like cracking is just creases full of dirt... which is a "normal wear and tear issue")

Good luck proving that you have not done anything wrong... :dry:

unless you have an understanding dealer....i doubt you'll get much luck...

Nissan + understanding dealer , in the same sentence... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would be interested to see a photo of the cracked leather.

In our harsh weather conditions especially in the Summer the UV levels are fierce and most of the 350's I've seen the leather still looks good. Mine is 04, charcol leather with a couple of creases lower bolster drivers side but still looks smart. Have you been using a good quality leather conditioner??? I favour the Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Rich Spray, it has aloe & UV inhibitors too. Fab stuff leaves the leather lovely and subtle with a nice gloss too. Suggest using it at least once a month to maintain the condition, working the product in with a nice soft proper car towel.

http://www.meguiars.co.nz/products/cons ... terior.cfm

• 5 weeks later...

One of the reasons why we never chose the gt pack as i already new nissan leather was crap, the leather used in the bolster is not the same as what is used on the seat (so we where told by a pro who does this every day) maybe one of the reasons why it cracks very quickly.

I also have a 206 gti v reg which has half leather and only just showing signs of wear on the bolster so there's an indication as to nissan's quality.

One of the reasons why we never chose the gt pack as i already new nissan leather was crap, the leather used in the bolster is not the same as what is used on the seat (so we where told by a pro who does this every day) maybe one of the reasons why it cracks very quickly.

I also have a 206 gti v reg which has half leather and only just showing signs of wear on the bolster so there's an indication as to nissan's quality.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just a comment though, the bolsters on the 350 are reasonably big for a stock car, so have to expect some wear. Not seen inside a 206 to comment in comparison.

Flirt still not picys? ;)

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just a comment though, the bolsters on the 350 are reasonably big for a stock car, so have to expect some wear. Not seen inside a 206 to comment in comparison.

Flirt still not picys? ;)

V reg is a 1999 model Bronzee and i think i could safely say any 2002 jdm and most uk 53 show some or a lot of wear.