Hamilton under investigation by FIA

GC350z

Am I the only one who thought there was some sort of collusion beyond just Ferrari team work at the first corner??

It looked very much to me that after Massa had got across in front of Hamilton at the start and then eased off to get Kimi past him (fair enough, team work) he then lifted off on the exit of the first corner so Alonso got past him....... :dry:

However, Kimi is a good driver, and it wasn't meant to be this year. Was a crap weekend for British sport though. :blush:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked very much to me that after Massa had got across in front of Hamilton at the start and then eased off to get Kimi past him (fair enough, team work) he then lifted off on the exit of the first corner so Alonso got past him....... :dry:

That's what I would of done :teeth: in the hope that Alonso might do something stupid and take Hamilton out. Ferrari couldn't of dreamed of a better scenario with Hamilton going off on the 4th corner and a box full of neutrals a little later.

Guy

Am I the only one who thought there was some sort of collusion beyond just Ferrari team work at the first corner??

However, Kimi is a good driver, and it wasn't meant to be this year. Was a crap weekend for British sport though. :blush:

I agree totally. Massa definately braked ecessively on more than one occasion to the benefit of Kimi and Alonso. All carefully choreographed to benefit Kimi, but Massa did seem to help Alonson too. Lewis just wasn't expecting it.

That's what I would of done :teeth: in the hope that Alonso might do something stupid and take Hamilton out. Ferrari couldn't of dreamed of a better scenario with Hamilton going off on the 4th corner and a box full of neutrals a little later.

Guy

But Alonso had positioned himself to be on the OUTSIDE at the second corner which is not where he would've wanted to be. I agree in getting them to try and take each other out. I was willing the BMW to do the same to Alonso!!

I know what you are saying but it looked like Kimi went in too deep on the 1st corner, locked up and that was why he was so slow.

What I couldn't understand was why Hamilton never went to the inside when Massa cut across him, Kimi was belting up the outside and Alonso was trying to get up the inside. At the start Alonso was the main rival and I would have thought Hamilton would have decided that to keep Alonso behind him, pull out in front of him, the fact Massa pulled out in front of Hamilton really should have forced Hamilton in doing this. Who cares if Ferrari are leading one, two at that stage (before the hydraulic issue was a factor).

I know what you are saying but it looked like Kimi went in too deep on the 1st corner, locked up and that was why he was so slow.

What I couldn't understand was why Hamilton never went to the inside when Massa cut across him, Kimi was belting up the outside and Alonso was trying to get up the inside. At the start Alonso was the main rival and I would have thought Hamilton would have decided that to keep Alonso behind him, pull out in front of him, the fact Massa pulled out in front of Hamilton really should have forced Hamilton in doing this. Who cares if Ferrari are leading one, two at that stage (before the hydraulic issue was a factor).

Granted, but Kimi didn't have to go in deep, he was comfortably alongside Massa thanks to him easing off just after the start. It all worked a bit too well to take the leader as far down the order as possible to the best possible advantage to those that could make the most of it..... :dry:

What a fool:

"McLaren got it wrong, they lost the championship for the mistaken decisions they made in the second part of the season," the Spaniard told radio station Cadena Ser.
"There was no sensation of being a team and the result speaks for itself.

And the way to instill a team feeling is to reffer to the rest of the team as "they", creating a "them and me" divide.

"It isn't a secret that they haven't helped me much. It wasn't a very well-organised season from the point of view of the management."

Roughly translated = I wasnt given priority and so I didnt win.

"Each person will have to draw their own lessons from this season but if we had taken a different approach we would have obtained different results."

:lol: Perhaps a different approach to turn 5 in Fuji wouldn't have resulted in bits of his car being scattered to the wind - much like his title chances at that point.

:yawn:

I’m dieing to know what’s going to happen to Alonso. There’s a few options on the table but at worst he could end up still driving for McLaren. At best he could be allowed to buy his way out of the contact and return to Renault. And finally, the worst option for Alonso, stuck in contract with McLaren but on the sideline with no drive for the year. This would also mean he cant test for anyone else or drive in any other formula until the contract expires.

Guy

Well he has seriously gone down in my estimations...

Saying that he is off to Switzerland because he cant lead a normal life here, and that its because he is left alone in Switzerland - blah blah blah....

If you are moving away from Britain to escape the higher taxes, at least have the brass tacks to tell the truth. Of course its nothing to do with the fact that he may qualify for the single lump sum tax payment which would save him a few million quid on his salary.

Im sure the vast majority of the public would be right behind him given half the chance.

Saying that he is off to Switzerland because he cant lead a normal life here, and that its because he is left alone in Switzerland - blah blah blah....

If you are moving away from Britain to escape the higher taxes, at least have the brass tacks to tell the truth. Of course its nothing to do with the fact that he may qualify for the single lump sum tax payment which would save him a few million quid on his salary.

Im sure the vast majority of the public would be right behind him given half the chance.

He's been told to say that. The british culture is to hate the rich and wealthy, when they admit it of course.

I reckon he's picked a nice place to live, fabulous all year round. I love Switzerland, only been there once in the summer and keen to go back.

That decision has done the opposite in my estimations. To be able to stand back and make a decision not to have his life ruined by the press is a hard one, especially when it means leaving your home country. The second he gets a girlfriend, she'll be hounded. Everytime he goes out, there will be rumours about him being a bad boy etc. Fair play, get away from the hounds. :thumbs:

And this year, his earnings are 'only' in the hundreds of thousands. The tax breaks won't kick in just yet. :)

I completely agree - let him concentrate on winning the championship next year and stuffing his chapmionship award up Alsonso, where the sun does not shine :surrender::surrender::surrender:

That decision has done the opposite in my estimations. To be able to stand back and make a decision not to have his life ruined by the press is a hard one, especially when it means leaving your home country. The second he gets a girlfriend, she'll be hounded. Everytime he goes out, there will be rumours about him being a bad boy etc. Fair play, get away from the hounds. :thumbs:

And this year, his earnings are 'only' in the hundreds of thousands. The tax breaks won't kick in just yet. :)

The fact is that he will still be followed by the press wherever he goes, just because of who he is and how he has taken the F1 world by storm, when the next season starts and Hamilton fever is cranked up right from the first race rather than half way through the season, it will just be the same for him. Which is a shame, but not something that I see differing hugely after a move abroad.

If he does not like the public attention that comes with being a motor racer, why allow the realease of books about his life and set up other media events aimed squarely at increasing the public interest in him as a person,?? :wacko:

The press will follow him round the globe like they always have, its not as if the British papers are short of a few bob to send a reporter over to Switzerland on easyjet.

Im just very dissapointed that either he, or his PR advisors, wont stand up stand up and say the obvious - he is raking in millions and the tax system in the UK makes it unrealistic to expect that kind of earner to stick around when they have the option of moving abroad and undertaking the same role.

Whether its partly down to press and partly down to taxation, his reasons are his own, I just object to the public/press interest being used to shoulder the entire "blame" when it is just not the case.

The fact is that he will still be followed by the press wherever he goes, just because of who he is and how he has taken the F1 world by storm, when the next season starts and Hamilton fever is cranked up right from the first race rather than half way through the season, it will just be the same for him. Which is a shame, but not something that I see differing hugely after a move abroad.

If he does not like the public attention that comes with being a motor racer, why allow the realease of books about his life and set up other media events aimed squarely at increasing the public interest in him as a person,?? :wacko:

The press will follow him round the globe like they always have, its not as if the British papers are short of a few bob to send a reporter over to Switzerland on easyjet.

Im just very dissapointed that either he, or his PR advisors, wont stand up stand up and say the obvious - he is raking in millions and the tax system in the UK makes it unrealistic to expect that kind of earner to stick around when they have the option of moving abroad and undertaking the same role.

Whether its partly down to press and partly down to taxation, his reasons are his own, I just object to the public/press interest being used to shoulder the entire "blame" when it is just not the case.

Calm down Chris, were you counting on his tax contribution personally.... :lol:

Don't forget he now has many young fans, e.g. Great Ormond Street. They don't understand the first thing about Tax. Then again neither do I. ;)

What you say is true about him needing the publicity for himself. But you come up with more than a handful of big earning celebs who spend enough time in the country to be paying our tax.....

My point is around the rest of his life. That may well be his reason, and the tax elements are obvious. But if his reason is not wanting rumours splashed on the front covers everytime he goes out then that is entirely up to him. You say they'll follow, but there is a lot of expense to put a field of British hacks up in Switzerland on the off chance they get a photo. ;)

Would you stay in this country in his position? :)

Nah not counting on his tax contributions at all - more power to him!

Id love to be able to cut the tax bill I pay by the same percentage! Good on him.

I think Id just like to see him stand up and say thats the reason why, so it makes the taxation system look like the bad apple in all this rather than the press. If they all did it there may be the fain glimmer of hope that they would change the rules which would positively affect the rest of us mere mortals. Then again its probably grasping at straws :lol:

So would I stay in the country in his position - absolutley not. Id just like the taxman to have the finger pointed at them for once. :teeth:

Maybe its my lovely new tax code and the tax return waiting to be filled in at home thats wound me up. :lol: Id just like Lewis to publicly stick it to the HMRC for all of us! :boxing:

:lol: I guarantee HMRC are used to people who can afford inflated goods prices in places like Switzerland bailing out while they continue to tax the masses at the level they do. It's sad, and it would be nice for some blame to be placed at their door. :boxing:

The story is coming from the spanish press. I believe they are currently writing that Alonso has quit McLaren.

There's no doubt that Alonso wants to leave and it would be a safe bet to say the team want him out also but it will be in what circumstances that more takes place that'll be most interesting.