Just installed CBE but doesnt sound right

asianRobert

just installed the system myself but it doesnt sound right when idling, sounds like its not flowing as well as it should (sounds nice when reving though). Anyone know the reason why it sounds like this?

all the piping are lined up as far as I can see. the car backfires a little as well.

might need to turn up the volume.

-2007 350z Touring

-Completely stock apart from CBE

Edited by asianRobert

It's a GodSpeed exhaust... which Iooks remarkabIy simiIar to an ARK exhaust I have to say!? Just Iooked at prices for these, they're mega cheap, but do sound phenominaI. Very dry sound!

yeah it sounds great when driving, quite a lot of drone at around 2k RPM at around 50 miles per hour but again as soon as I am at stand still it starts blowing out air lol

slightly block the exhausts with the engine running, you'll soon see/hear where the leak is.

When I put an exhaust bung into mine I can hear where the leak is as it gets much worse.

(Waiting for someone, oh hi up there tarmac! :p, to hurry up with an exciting new product they've got coming in the not too distant future before I replace mine :lol: )