veefs 2004 GT build

veef13

• 1 month later...

Haven't found the time yet to get booked into bodyshop, but thought would give a go at paining lip gloss black to see what it looks like (seems to have come out more dark grey in the pic, but its gloss black in reality)

IMG_0183.jpg

Edited by veef13

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good dude :thumbs:

Did you find a good body shop who would ask for a mortgage to spray the front lip? :lol:

Thanks mate.

Haha yeah, will most likely use TGM in Fleet when the time comes. However the £10 rattle can job is doing the trick for now til I decide 100% on kit or no kit. Would be made much easier if mouthwash would sell me his nismo skirts :D:p

Loving the build mate, cars looking fantastic :thumbs:

Out of interest how you finding the scorpion exhaust? (Its on my list of things to buy)

Thanks mate :thumbs:

I was sceptical about the Scorpion as on Youtube vids etc it seemed raspy but went for it and am v happy with its sound. Adds a nice rumble on startup, 2-4kish makes a lovely sound. Quiet on motorway, bit of noise when prodded. :thumbs:

Edited by veef13

Loving the build mate, cars looking fantastic :thumbs:

Out of interest how you finding the scorpion exhaust? (Its on my list of things to buy)

I was sceptical about the Scorpion as on Youtube vids etc it seemed raspy but went for it and am v happy with its sound. Adds a nice rumble on startup, 2-4kish makes a lovely sound then tbh the pop chargers noise takes over from there. Quiet on motorway, bit of noise when prodded. :thumbs:

No worries bud :D

Seems like just the sound i'm after then, thanks for that :thumbs:

Few pics of recent bits and bobs

Scorpion and bumper tuck

IMG_0201.jpg

Gloss black front and rear Z's

IMG_0219.jpg

And forgot to take photos of silver vent trims :doh:

Need to sort another number plate as whoever had the car before me put the holes in wonky! Got an eye on a personal plate so will sort that then.

Really happy with this car, one of the most fun I have had, tis a great drive and love fettling :)

Edited by veef13

• 1 month later...

Uprev done at H-Dev today. Small gains, but wasn't expecting big numbers especially as I don't have nor do I want decats or HFC. I just wanted to ensure was running as well as can be for the mods the car has. Feels smoother and a little bit more responsive, but no power jump, which I expected. Its a NA tune after all. Jez is a great guy as always, and has a top notch team around him.

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

And famous last words, thats it for this car ;) Unless I stumble across £8k for a SC that is :D

Edited by veef13
  • Like 2

Nice! Getting my zed on the dyno tomorrow just for power run, it's a 10yrs old zed so no high hopes there.

Cool Veeg. B)

If you get over 270Bhp just take that as a win. ;)

Since I get 2 runs, I'm doing a little test. 1st run will be with current standard unknown aftermarket panel filter now (done at least 7k miles or more) and will swap it with a HKS hybrid filter for 2nd run. Some say (advertise) it will gain around 7-10bhp :scare:B)

• Like 1

Very nice mate and at least if somebody asks you how much power you have you can give them an honest answer. ;)

Like the bumper tuck btw. B)

Nice! Getting my zed on the dyno tomorrow just for power run, it's a 10yrs old zed so no high hopes there.

Same view I had. 10 years old, 74kish, stock when I got it and added a few bits, so didn't expect to even hit the "factory" figure tbh. Let us know how you get on :)

• Like 1

I'm intrigued how much power the car had when I brought it when it just had panel filter and cat back. Guess I'll never really know, but compared to day one it feels stronger, and now runs clean so all good there

I'm intrigued how much power the car had when I brought it when it just had panel filter and cat back. Guess I'll never really know, but compared to day one it feels stronger, and now runs clean so all good there

That's the main thing though really. If it feels better to you and is now correctly mapped to suit the parts you've added then it's all good. ;)

That's the main thing though really. If it feels better to you and is now correctly mapped to suit the parts you've added then it's all good. ;)

Exactly that! IMO it seems some people expect an UpRev to give you a big old kick in the pants. It doesn't and won't unless car was particularly unhealthy before or SC :) Car is now healthy for the mods done, job done :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

No real updates for the car of late apart from some rear under carpet sound deadening and a summer detail which I will be doing this weekend.

However its worth noting that since the Uprev, my MPG has gone up around 5-7mpg, and I haven't been driving like miss daisy! Wasn't expecting that, which is a result.

On the look out of a new exhaust soon I think for a change from the Scorpion, but also looking to move on from the zed pretty soon, been fun, but really want to get in a R34 while I still can :thumbs:

Edited by veef13