Oil usage....

benjy88

Can I grab a few examples of how much oil the general Zed public tend to go through?

I seem to have gone through quite a lot of oil over the past couple of years. Seems to need a medium sized top-up every 3-4 months or so, despite servicing once a year? I don't do more than 8,000 miles a year. It just seems a little extreme? I could be completely wrong though lol. I have checked and I don't appear to have any oil leaks that I can see, even at the back of the rocker covers, there's nothing! Any examples of general oil usage would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Ben

Edited by benjy88

I should add, I don't drive particularly slowly... But I also religiously let the car warm up before I set off, for at least 6-10 minutes.

(I'm late for work sometimes because I'm adamant about it lol.)

Edited by benjy88

I should add, I don't drive particularly slowly... But I also religiously let the car warm up before I set off, for at least 6-10 minutes.

(I'm late for work sometimes because I'm adamant about it lol.)

:lol: Don't start this again, I did a thread about this when I first started, coming from a Turbo to a NA - There were points on both sides saying this was good and bad for the car.

No need to let it warm up, just keep the revs low for the first 10 mins of driving.

• Like 2

Mine's a young'un... 69k :D (wehay)

Just looked at what amount of oil I should be using, sposed to be around a litre every 3k lol, so actually I'm about right? It's due a service shortly, so I'll get my tech to fill it bang on, and then we're gonna monitor it. Just dreading possible piston ring changes etc :(

uprev - remap to a zed to gain more power from breathing mods.

revup - type of engine in 2005 GT4 and 2006 zeds, produces slightly more power than a standard 2003-2005 DE engine, but less than the revised HR engine.

an uprev wont make any difference to the amount of oil used.

Revup engines are known to use more oil than DE and HR engines - but I don't know why that is!

• Like 1

Mines uses about the same Benjy.

If spirited which rarely happens now about 3/4 litre for 1500 miles. Or motorway then around this level too.

2005 UK non uprevski.

Wait you have a Zed? :lol:

Not anymore, Mrs seems to own it!