Driving Experience Days

steve916

Cheers for all the replies guys. Certainly gives me plenty to think about.

I would like to do a track day in my own car one day, but I'm just not ready to do that yet.

Rockingham is only 35 mins away from me so I might see what they have. I work within 5 mins of the track and hear something blasting around there every day of the week.

I also like the idea of a single seater too

Decisions, decisions :)

So many to choose from and you need to decide what will give you the best experience.

I have driven Track Days. done Experience Days and Rally School etc etc

If you really fancy just getting your hands on and driving a Ferrari, a Lambo and Aston etc etc.

I would have to vote Everyman Racing at Prestwold in Leicestershire. Just get the maximum amount of laps in whatever or all of them - to give you a decent experience and some good feedback to open them up more and enjoy. I have to be very fair to the Instructors on the 3 times I have been - not once been limited in my speed. Everyman also did have some Single Seaters. There is always the Aerial Atom of course ?

Bill Gwynne Rally School - if you really want a full on Rally experience - I would thoroughly recommend this and advise not to even consider a cheap option for a Rally Day. Bill Gwynne has 2 sons that are Rally Drivers - its in their blood. !!

I have had a good option of cars to choose at both Silverstone and Thruxton, prefering Thruxton though - more friendly in every way.

Silverstone certainly did have single seaters.

Again dependant on price, if it is unlikley you will get to do this too often - consider which circuit you might like to drive, then maybe the vehicles available.

I did some Nascar mad day at Rockingham in the Summer. Think that might be the noise of them you can hear.

That is quite hairy. Relying totally on a complete stranger to be your spotter, tell you, what is coming up behind, what is ahead etc ....due to the angle and being an oval - I am still laughing about that one, but it was mental !! And fun I think !!! Proper seat of your pants stuff. :lol:

Whatever you choose I am sure you will enjoy it.

I swop all my Tesco Clubcard points for some kind of Motorsport/Driving related items !! :teeth: Doesn't take too long if you use their Credit card too.

• Like 1

I personally don't like them and feel they are very expensive for the amount of track time you get. I had a Lambo day bought for me a few years ago, I was told not to rev the car past 5K and basically kept on being told to slow down.

Personally I much prefer trackdays. I've done many over the years and 2 recently in the Z. Track time is pretty much unlimited on an open pit lane so its good value. Tyres last as long as you treat them! And for newbies to the track world there is normally tuition that can be arranged, sometimes its free.

Thats just my point of view.

Edited by david85williams
  • Like 1

I personally don't like them and feel they are very expensive for the amount of track time you get. I had a Lambo day bought for me a few years ago, I was told not to rev the car past 5K and basically kept on being told to slow down.

This is my issue for my Volkswagen graduation we all got a driving day at prodrive center each event was about 30minute long well 1 event was drive a lambo i drove a lambo at slow pace for 1 lap rubbish, another event was test out all the VAG cars on the tarmac rally stage, i got to drive a VW transport and about 5-6 other cars flat out around a tarmac rally stag and was egged on to go faster by the instructor

Much fun pushing slower car fast than fast car slow