increased steering angle

Garyt350z

You can achieve this cheaply by getting the Tein inner and outer tie rods and just cutting some lenght of the wheel stopper on the compression arm until you get to the maximum lock that does not cause interference.

I've got TEIN tie rods but not cut the stopper yet as the angle I have is ok for grip driving on track but the drift guys accross the pond do this.

• Like 1

Lol so costly for all the use it would get then? Defo considering the tein rods tho. And when u chat about wheel stopper on the compression are, do u mean the 2 wedge shaped rubber bushes that sit either side of the main bush and crush slieve? I have superpro ones installed btw :)

Lol so costly for all the use it would get then? Defo considering the tein rods tho. And when u chat about wheel stopper on the compression are, do u mean the 2 wedge shaped rubber bushes that sit either side of the main bush and crush slieve? I have superpro ones installed btw :)

Don't be daft! Take some time and look at your car to understand. Put the steering in full lock eg to the right. Go to the passenger side wheel and you can see the compresion arm and the stopper spur and if you look at the wheel hub you will see the stopper plate. The plate rests on the spur stopping the wheel from further lock. By shortening the spur you allow for further lock/increase in your steering angle. Depending on your front wheel and tyre combination you can cut up to or more than half of the spur without the wheel interfering with the arch or body. I recommend cutting bits off at a time. The spur can also screw out which can help you visualise how much to cut for max angle before interference if any. Obviously you have to do both sides currently and I reccommend cutting after you've installed the tie rod with the increase angle configuration.

Herewith a pic of the of arm with the spur.

F95154D1-05DB-4422-A755-2F133AECD65B.jpg

• Like 1