How to store the zed?

Ceejay29

Hi fellow members,

I have decided to sorn the zed over the winter months despite many recommending to keep it running. My reason for doing so is based upon hardly using the car and the foreseeability of removing parts for modification etc. The car will be stored in a dry garage.

My question to you is what do I need to do in order to prevent any gremlins rearing their heads upon revival next year?

I have carried out the following thus far;

- Thorough clean including clay, pre wax and wax.

- Oil change

- Coolant change

- New / fully charged battery

- Tyre pressures checked

- Half a tank of fuel (usually near empty :lol:)

My aim is to start her every 2-3 weeks with the option of a short trip around the garage fourcourt and/or housing area. This will be a two minute run if I do decide this, although it will be breaking the law and potentially of little value.

I am fairly certain that many do take their cars off of the road over the winter months, what should I be aware of? Apart from PC plod now :ninja::not_me:

Thanks

just take the battery out and store it indoors (not on concrete) and pop it back in when ready to go, ive sorn mine for nearly 2 years on and off and i just drop the battery back in when I want to use it...never had a problem (plus keeps PC Plod off your back :lol: )

take handbrake off and leave it in gear, every now and then open the doors to get some air in there

Edited by jumping350

If only we could store the zed indoors :cloud9:

was going to have the coolant changed a few weeks back but they tested the PH of it or something and said its still ok for now so will do it the other end of winter.

As for problems running with coolant/oil ive had none at all. I did change the oil before I restarted her though this year to stop all the dirty oil being recirculated but after this winter shall just jump in and drive

• Like 1

Personally I would cover the car in dust sheets god knows where it comes from but it will, the z will run the battery down quicker than you think.So you need to be aware of this and take preventative measures.Some have been described above.

• Like 1

Will removing the battery for any length of time cause any issues with any of the electronics on the car? I only ask because on cars I've had before I was warned about warning lights coming on (I think it was airbag, can't remember exactly) if the battery was disconnected for too long

Will removing the battery for any length of time cause any issues with any of the electronics on the car? I only ask because on cars I've had before I was warned about warning lights coming on (I think it was airbag, can't remember exactly) if the battery was disconnected for too long

This was my concern; we removed the battery from our old e34 M5 and the thing ran like a bag of sh1t for weeks not to mention the security code issues. May sound ridiculous but the ECU had to "relearn" and I think is took around 300 miles.

It takes me months to accumulate 300 miles :scare: