Driving without centre console etc ?

newkid

Hey guys, havent had my zed long but i have already started modding, have a pioneer double din, stubby aerial, window tints and a gt lip on route. My latest thing is I want to hydro dip the interior trim, I have done some research and will be using aqua graphix, my question is will I be able to use the car with the centre console, door grab handle and switch covers missing ? I dont want any airbag lights etc popping up but cant be without the car for too long. Any help appreciated. :)

Edited by newkid

Pick up the bits you need from a zed being broken on here or a trader, then get them dipped or whatever while you're old ones are in situ. You might even make a couple of quid when you come to sell yours on after you fitted the dipped ones :yahoo:

• Like 1

The aircon will go mad without the relevant dials connected, apart from that you should be OK. If you leave all the electronic bits connected and only remove the trim the car won't even know that something is missing.

Yep my centre console has been out of the car for a good couple weeks now, for the same reason as OP. Most guides have you remove the gauge cluster/radio/aircon controls with the bit of trim, but if you unscrew those and then hook them back up everything (obviously) works as it should - you just have a bit of a hole!

Not sure what would happen if you tried running the car without the controls reconnected, but it's not really worth testing given how simple it is to hook them up without the trim in the way. They.. mostly stay still too, unless you get too spirited!

• Like 1