is Uprev worth the money?

lbeddowscbr

I personally didn't think it was worth two grand for 18bhp or whatever it was, i also don't think 'drivability' is worth £2k either given this is meant to be a sports car, it should 'drive' out the factory in much better shape really. However I did feel it was worth the money on the exhaust and intake for the noise and theatre they bring.

Hdevs told me that cats is most restrictive part of the system that's why they recommend you change that first. Having said that, this is just an appetiser, for real gains I plan to get supercharger fitted at some point next year. I've already got some parts as they come up cheap so I'm committed now :victory:

I'd definitely say it's worth it.

My post following the drive back to Manchester after Abbey UpRev'd her back in 2009 is probably lost deep in the mists but I can still remember how much more alive she felt - and she seemed like she was enjoying it almost as much as I was, as it unlocked so much which had been restricted by Nissan.

I can remember even now waiting to overtake a PITA Merc who was hogging the overtaking lane and when he finally pulled over and I said "OK, now go, girl" she just loved it and was. . . umm . . .well, perhaps I was mildly illegal by the time I got to his back bumper and just blew dust as we went past, and I swear she felt like she was able to relish the acceleration, and the smile on my face was . . . . ah,well, this is why you love Zeds, eh.

It's also definitely better after you change the stupid stock Y pipe and also better after you change to High Flow Cats - but even on it's own it's worth it.

I was surprised to see Coldel saying it had cost him 2 grand - Wow! I seem to remember the Y pipe was about £200 and I seem to recall the UpRev licence is about £400 so doing this the first time was all done in the hundreds, not thousands.

Of course, I then took her back and remapped her about 4 times in total after the Berks and the plenum spacer and. . . .and . . .so all in all I spent 2 grand, but just for the Uprev I don't think it'll cost that

• Like 1

I'd definitely say it's worth it.

My post following the drive back to Manchester after Abbey UpRev'd her back in 2009 is probably lost deep in the mists but I can still remember how much more alive she felt - and she seemed like she was enjoying it almost as much as I was, as it unlocked so much which had been restricted by Nissan.

I can remember even now waiting to overtake a PITA Merc who was hogging the overtaking lane and when he finally pulled over and I said "OK, now go, girl" she just loved it and was. . . umm . . .well, perhaps I was mildly illegal by the time I got to his back bumper and just blew dust as we went past, and I swear she felt like she was able to relish the acceleration, and the smile on my face was . . . . ah,well, this is why you love Zeds, eh.

It's also definitely better after you change the stupid stock Y pipe and also better after you change to High Flow Cats - but even on it's own it's worth it.

I was surprised to see Coldel saying it had cost him 2 grand - Wow! I seem to remember the Y pipe was about £200 and I seem to recall the UpRev licence is about £400 so doing this the first time was all done in the hundreds, not thousands.

Of course, I then took her back and remapped her about 4 times in total after the Berks and the plenum spacer and. . . .and . . .so all in all I spent 2 grand, but just for the Uprev I don't think it'll cost that

think about it again :lol: coldel is clearly talking about your 2nd quote.

#teamtarmac

My 350Z 2005 DE is having this done at Abbey Motorsport on the 07/11/14 and only has a H-dev spacer and a K & N typhoon so will be good to see how it gets on with other cars that have had this done along with HFC and exhaust .

Not fussed about numbers but removing he opening on the 1 , 2 ,3 gear an removing the speed limiter is more what want from it

Alan

Do you have any mods to your Z ?

Posted Today, 10:33

as above, I'm also booked in with Abbey the next day 8/11/14.

Again not fussed on top bhp figures, more interested in improved drivability as a whole.

Will post my thoughts here

if you're just looking to remove throttle restrictions on the lower gears have you considered a D1 spec throttle controller?

Im in the same boat as Coldel, in that the cost of filter, plenum spacer, HFCs, Y pipe and exhaust, plus the cost of the uprev itself is a bit much to gain maybe 15hp, which I wouldn't notice anyway. what I would notice is the increased throttle response, but that can be had for a lot less cash.

Will be good to see how much more the exhaust bits gives over just the induction of my one ( I know you cant compare the two engines )

Yes mate, wanted to get all the bits in before a map :thumbs:

Pipercross air filter, 06 velocity stack, M/D plenum spacer, Berk decats, Japspeed Y-pipe, Scorpion backbox / midpipe

But all the extra bits are performance enhancing, if you just want restrictors removed then you do not need all of that.

The throttle controller I had before I went up-rev, certainly makes a difference in that you can adjust the sensitivity of the throttle - £60 and a 5 minute install if its the low gear issues you want sorting.

Just got back from Horesham Developments. First of all I'd like say what great team Jess has there, the service was top notch and everyone was very friendly.

I had lowered my expectations after hearing of some cars only making about 255 bhp at the flywheel and then about 10-15 more after all the mods but I wasn't disappointed! They fitted on the cats, filter and spacer and she made 274 bhp right off the bat. Great start! By the time Jess was done with the Uprev, I was just shy of 290 bhp at the fly :)

I haven't had chance to have a good drive yet but I can without a doubt feel the difference. As you can see from the graph, it's just more linear power so it's not a sudden boost or anything dramatic. The car is just noticeably a bit faster and quicker to respond. It's just a even bigger grin when you put your foot down.

Was it worth the money? I'd say definitely.

ed0QUeo.jpg

• Like 3