History of car

steve916

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could give me a little info on the following car for sale.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410057969665/sort/priceasc/radius/1500/page/6/model/350_z/make/nissan/usedcars/postcode/pe297as/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

It's a 400 mile round trip for me to get to see it, so any info beforehand would be appreciated.

I have been told that it's been run on super unleaded, but the previous owner works on an oil rig and hasn't dropped off the service history yet, as he's back at work.

Thanks. That's what I like about it. Nothing suspicious recorded against it either. Just had a couple of plate changes.

Would you buy a car without service history available at the time, but could have it posted on afterwards?

Yes wait, 59k is around the mileage where a lot of maintenance can be required. You want to know its had its clutch changed, p3, fan shroud and you want to drive it and make sure you dont hear any knocks from the front :thumbs:

Remember there is a lot of nice 350z go on sale so dont rush in :thumbs:

I was in a bit of a "stuck" 2 1/2 years or so ago on a weekend and needed a car asap for the monday morning. Previous car was ready for the scrap heap.

Anyway I bought a Lexus is200 in reasonable nick, service history etc, but, it only had the "valet key", i.e it was the same as a normal key but it wouldn't unlock the boot manually. He assured me he would forward the main key on to me as soon as his dad came back (some story along those lines) as he knew where it was. I contacted him a week later and he fobbed me off, contacted him 2 weeks later and never heard back. If I wasn't desperate that weekend I would have walked, alas I didn't.

Point I'm making is, make a deal going by what is present, not what is promised.

SO, like everyone else, wait for the "service history to appear" then make a deal if you are interested.