MPG - I know it comes up a lot.

Svothe

I think that, having read what people have said, the published fuel economy figures for the zed may be one of the few cars that is accurate! Use it purely around town and you'll get figures in the teens. Use it on a run and they'll be low thirties. Use it over a mixture and it'll be low to mid twenties. Can't say fairer than that!

Urban mpg 17.5 mpg CO2 emissions 273 g/km

Extra Urban mpg 32.5 mpg Annual Tax £285

Average mpg 24.8 mpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information guys, today I splashed the cash finally and invested in a BMW 335D. I hope I'll be back to the Wonderful land of Zed in the future with my first 350z but right now I just can't manage the petrol prices.

Pics, because pics are always relevant.. Thanks for all the information everybody much appreciated!

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=e4607bd4b5ece4678151ed65f44176bd&width=1024&height=768

Yes i know mpg is personal to how you drive but with a few figures hopefully we can work out a bit of an average. I'm a giant 350z fanboy but I commute 50 miles a day (around 1500 a month) and I'm terrified of investing 10k in a car only to not be able too afford to drive it.

I commute 50 miles a day in mine also, computer tells me I average 27mpg over mostly motorway driving, with some town and B roads also - it also gets used at weekends and sees some spirited driving.

I'll see 300 miles to a tank on a good week and that's from full until empty. It costs me approximately £65 to fill up with 99 at tesco.

Yes i know mpg is personal to how you drive but with a few figures hopefully we can work out a bit of an average. I'm a giant 350z fanboy but I commute 50 miles a day (around 1500 a month) and I'm terrified of investing 10k in a car only to not be able too afford to drive it.

I commute 50 miles a day in mine also, computer tells me I average 27mpg over mostly motorway driving, with some town and B roads also - it also gets used at weekends and sees some spirited driving.

I'll see 300 miles to a tank on a good week and that's from full until empty. It costs me approximately £65 to fill up with 99 at tesco.

thats still got at least a quarter of a tank in... 27mpg will easily do 400 miles, its an 80 litre tank!

thats still got at least a quarter of a tank in... 27mpg will easily do 400 miles, its an 80 litre tank!

Maybe it is an import?

I think there is a limit to how practical/affordable a commute in a Zed is worth considering, 20/30 mile round trip can be justified but 50/60 a day and even man maths struggles...

So I was led to believe, but absolutely no chance!

It's a UK model too.

It's a UK model too.

are you going by what the fuel gauge and distance to empty says? mine is chronically unreliable, starts screaming bloody murder at me to put some petrol in when its still got 20 litres in the tank.

Trust me, £65 is only what, 51 litres? you've still got 29 litres in the tank my friend.

It's a UK model too.

are you going by what the fuel gauge and distance to empty says? mine is chronically unreliable, starts screaming bloody murder at me to put some petrol in when its still got 20 litres in the tank.

Trust me, £65 is only what, 51 litres? you've still got 29 litres in the tank my friend.

Very true, I think the most I ever squeezed in my tank was 72ltrs and the DTE had been flashing --- for many miles!!