fuel sender clean

Kaveney

Did this at the weekend and replaced the O rings .

A bit of dirt came off the electronic strips and all was put back together .

Fuel needle was half way below empty and quarter then after the clean it was over quarter of a tank .

Filled up with £ 25 worth of fuel and this went to half a tank but on the drive to work the needle was going up and down again ( going from half a tank to then less than half then going up to half again ) so this has not fixed the problem so what could be the other problem as it seems to go down but not in a smooth way ?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

Full PDF guide here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54763-how-to-fix-the-inaccurate-fuel-gauge-pdf/

Not sure if you read that or just did it yourself. There are two senders so you have to do both but I'm assuming you did this? :dry:

Other thing it could be if you followed the guide and it's still fubar is a faulty sender. Might need a new or good second hand one to sort.

My fuel gauge isn't accurate but tbh I just rely on knowing how much fuel I have put in the car & the miles I have covered. It's a risky game though as MPG does alter depending on my driving style. :lol:

Yes done all on the guide but the problem is still there .

It does go up when you put fuel in it and does go down over the week but its not very accurate but it will do for now as Revup , breaks , ARB are next .

Alan

I have similar issue, i might try giving the cleaning a go, for example, i could put the key in the ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen.. wait ignore that, i turn the ignition on and fuel light is on, digi gauge starts telling me i got 38 miles left etc.. if i take the key out and do it again, it will go to quarter of a tank :/

It may just be me but can the fuel needle get stuck as I have quarter of a tank but it is not going below this .

I may just be me but I have done 220 miles from half a tank .

Im thinking when I have taken the sender out to clean I have done something .

Will the low fuel warning light come on as I don't want to run out of fuel .

Thanks

Alan