04 Azure GT - High Miles - Entry level price ***SOLD***

Toon Chris

I love my 350Z, never have I had a better car. Sadly the time has come for it to go as it's not the car for towing and plugging through muddy fields which is what I'm going to be having to do soon.

04 plate GT, Manual, in Azure Blue. Entry level pricing for some very lucky buyer.

168K miles, all spent cruising up and down the M1 and A1 over the last 6 years. There is nothing gentler on an engine than unstressed cruise control, hence everything is in perfect working order with no clunks, whistles creaks rattles or other such stuff.

The engine is a strong as an ox and pulls like one too.

The gearbox is smooth, no notches or crunches, every gear slots in perfectly.

As you might expect from a forum owner, it has full service history (really!) with the most recent service on Tuesday 7th October 2014 so everything is good for another 9,000 miles.

MOT until March 31st 2015

Receipts for every part fitted over 6 years so you can be sure everything is replaced that should be, if it needed to or not :) I really have taken the best mechanical care of this car and it's ultra smooth and reliable.

As you will also expect, 10 years old and 168K on the motorway has given its fair share of chips. The odd car park door ding and scratch has happened over its life too. The Rays alloys are good but have some bubbling and chewing around the rims in some places but when clean its not too noticeable. This is what you should expect on an older car and do not be surprised - it is nothing major and the body and wheels clean up nicely but it is not perfect. It is all easily and relatively cheaply fixable if you have the time but I don't have the time and this is to your benefit as the car is priced accordingly.

Now the interesting bits.

2 keys.

Brand-new (<3K miles) Vredstein Sessanta tyres all round.

20mm wheel spacers for a better wheel arch fill. These look great.

Serviced last week. Regular 4-wheel alignment done also.

Oil pressure is very strong further showing the strength of the engine. 45-60psi at tickover when cold dropping to 30-45psi on hot tickover.

Genuine Japanese 5Zigen Pro-Racer exhaust with blue-tips. Wonderful sound, but never too noisy (very expensive new!)- a gentle burble when cruising, a raw-throated roar when you plant your foot.

Cobra y-pipe. Lighter and less restrictive than the standard exhaust y-pipe.

EBC yellow stuff brake pads approx <8K miles

KTA engraved stainless steel gear knob.

K&N Panel filter and cold air intake slot (see front of car)

KW V1 suspension. Currently set at 15mm lower to avoid speed bumps but is widely adjustable.

Firdenza Lightweight Clutch & Flywheel. This lighter operation means faster rev pick-up for a better throttle response. The flywheel has a replaceable face so you never need to by a new full unit.

5/16 plenum spacer. A common fitting used to ensure all cylinders get equal airflow for best power.

The car has been rolling road mapped and tuned to make the best of the added parts.

Bose ICE has the 2.5mm jack feed so you can attach any device with a headphone socket (iPhone, MP3 player etc).

Original fitted Nissan hands-free phone bluetooth unit.

Fashionable stubby aerial :)

Did I mention it drives like a dream? You will not be disappointed.

To avoid us both being disappointed, you must have comprehensive insurance cover arranged if you want to test drive the car.

Viewings available in central Newcastle upon Tyne (3 minutes walk from the train station or I can collect you). Please send a personal message or feel free to ask any questions.

Price £3,995 OVNO. An exceptionally cheap price for such a great car!

Edited by Toon Chris

I Hope these pictures work, the weather is <ahem> variable here at the moment

IMG_4608_zps9ad5249b.jpg

IMG_4607_zpsc6e20422.jpg

IMG_4614_zpsfaeec8ef.jpg

Wheels:

IMG_4612_zpsb50b009b.jpg

IMG_4611_zps8a02df45.jpg

IMG_4610_zpsfc876c31.jpg

IMG_4609_zpsd135bc37.jpg

Worst dent, any others are only tiny:

IMG_4615_zps7ed8ca57.jpg"]IMG_4615_zps7ed8ca57.jpg[/url]

Worst scratch, any others are small stone chips:

IMG_4613_zps36fdbf2c.jpg"]IMG_4613_zps36fdbf2c.jpg[/url]

KTA Gear Knob

IMG_0944.jpg

Edited by Toon Chris

...aaaaaand "SOLD" :teeth:

Its going to be sad to see her go. What a wonderful car. :byebye:

I'll post up the mystery replacement as soon as I can, and I'll also post up all the bits I have in the cupboards over the next few weeks so the vultures can descend :)

Did you trade it Chris..? :thumbs:

Yes, it was only a little less that I would have got privately and no tyre kickers or hassle.

So sad, but I'm glad it was quick, like ripping off a plaster. <sigh>

I wish I hadn't just serviced it though :dry:

Edited by Toon Chris

You should have sold the upgrades separately (swapped for standard bits) then traded it in mate. You would have recouped some money back that way. This wouldn't have affected the price offered as a PX anyway as traders are not really concerned what upgrades are fitted, only private buyers are normally.

Edited by HassanZ