Halfords 2 tonne axle stands 34% discount.

richard.hezlett

• 2 weeks later...

If they are the ones with the "ratchet" as opposed to the pin please be careful. My Zed nearly fell on me using these POS, I took them back as they wouldn't even hold up their own weight and got my money back. I made a post about these a while back, maybe they were a faulty pair but I'm sticking with the old fashioned pin type from now on as those things scared the life out of me and nearly squashed the life out of me.

If they are the ones with the "ratchet" as opposed to the pin please be careful. My Zed nearly fell on me using these POS, I took them back as they wouldn't even hold up their own weight and got my money back. I made a post about these a while back, maybe they were a faulty pair but I'm sticking with the old fashioned pin type from now on as those things scared the life out of me and nearly squashed the life out of me.

Thanks for that info. Glad to report they are the ones with the pins.

Standard jack like that is too low IMHO - need one that can lift higher if you want to do anything under the car really. Fine for just changing wheels & brakes but if you were trying to change an exhaust you'd be stuffed. The trolley is fine, but only if you've got a really smooth floor to work on - wouldn't bother trying to use it on the road, for example.

• Like 1