Password JDM

mr_smith126

Why not order from the US? They don't look like parts that could be damaged or not work on arrival, so no real risk of having to send them back?

I've ordered a few parts from abroad and never had any problems. I'm sure they'll ship tot he UK if you contact them.

Well I'm just about to cancel an order from https://conceptzperformance.com/

As I processed an order for the stubby went through the checkout etc, shipping detail etc and then only upon email detail of the order did they detail $30 shipping.. which would be $44.99 which I then I guess is subject to import tax..? This seems to me to start making this stubby a bit pricey..!

I believe there are some parts suppliers who are used to shipping that calculate the whole lot for you, part, shipping, tax and the price is the final price you pay.. I've yet to find them yet though..

They'd probably put the item through as if it were under the tax threshold. They did with my reflectors so they still worked out miles cheaper than getting from the UK, even with the $30 shipping. Since you can get a stubby in the UK for less than the price of shipping it doesn't exactly seem worth it.

As a basic rule, you'll pay as follows (If you get charged VAT and import tax):

Cost of item and shipping in $ x 0.6 x 1.23 = £ inc. Import Tax and VAT

Are the stubby antennas that the UK traders sell not to your liking?

I mean around £20 for a Honda RDX can't be a bad deal, right?

I'm a seriously fussy bugger!

Don't like the RDX stubby, seen them in the flesh now.. 7" is too big, definitely after 4". Other 4" options available here like Perrin shorty for example have a wide base angled to a thinner top part which looks a little odd, the password JDM is the only 4" I've found which is a gradual shape from the base, unbranded, clean. (Told you I was fussy!)

They'd probably put the item through as if it were under the tax threshold. They did with my reflectors so they still worked out miles cheaper than getting from the UK, even with the $30 shipping. Since you can get a stubby in the UK for less than the price of shipping it doesn't exactly seem worth it.

As a basic rule, you'll pay as follows (If you get charged VAT and import tax):

Cost of item and shipping in $ x 0.6 x 1.23 = £ inc. Import Tax and VAT

Cheers Paddy, this is very helpful to work out costs..

Do you have certain suppliers state side that you have used in the past and liked the products/service..?

I did order a few bits for my Honda Civic Type R from Password JDM before ~ items arrived safely but I had to collect them from the post office and was charged import taxes which where quite a bit.

Not worth it imo. :thumbdown:

Edit: One thing I ordered was a tow hook ~ £35 item ended up being around £70 odd with import fees if I remember correctly.

Edited by GMballistic