Federal 595 RSR

RVSV2824

Seen a few posts regarding these and they seem to be good for the price. The car will get track time every other month or so, the rest of the time is just the commute to work.

R888 is overkill for the amount of track days i would do and budget wont allow for MPSS.

I dont think theres any other contenders that would make a decent priced road/track tyre...please let me know if im wrong though...

I was wondering what sizes to go for (Rays with TCS off) - 35/40 profiles available only really so options are:

225/40/18 & 235/40/18

or

235/40/18 & 255/35/18

Thanks for any advice :)

my advice would be to go wider, so 235 front and 255 rear - if you aren't worried about traction control then theres a 245/35/18 option as well, could run 245/35 front and 255/35 rear.

you may also consider Kumho KU36s - on tyre reviews they have virtually identical ratings, except KU36s have two central grooves to aid with water displacement.

if you do get 595RS-Rs let us know how you get on - we're strongly considering getting a set of 245/35/18s all round for our track BMW.

Nankang NS2-R, AD08, Kumho V70, Toyo R1R probably in that order :)

Pilot Sport Cup are the daddies but are not cheap unless you can find them secondhand/part used :)

So does the RS-R not make the list at all?

my advice would be to go wider, so 235 front and 255 rear - if you aren't worried about traction control then theres a 245/35/18 option as well, could run 245/35 front and 255/35 rear.

you may also consider Kumho KU36s - on tyre reviews they have virtually identical ratings, except KU36s have two central grooves to aid with water displacement.

if you do get 595RS-Rs let us know how you get on - we're strongly considering getting a set of 245/35/18s all round for our track BMW.

I was leaning more toward the larger size tbh not just for extra mm's of width/grip, the slightly larger diameter should help keep arches looking fuller lol

Im off to look at list of choices mentioned...

I had Federal Rsr's on my last Rx7 running 500hp, i was very impressed and i never lacked traction on track. On one of the days i did it got greasy with a shower and even then they offered good grip and predicable when they did start to slide.

Sorry but cant comment on overall wear rates as didnt do the miles to find out.

I got a pair of Ns2 R's for my 350 track wheels and used them on the road for about 500 miles, also very impressive grip levels, yet to get to the track.

Great price on both Federal and Nankangs :)

Sorry, you said "other contenders" :lol:

The RSR is very good, probably the best value for money but from what Ive been hearing the NS2R is a cracking tyre for the money, Ive known two guys from one to the other and really noitice and improvement. Im probably going to go with NS2R's myself next time as Im doing more and more track stuff and Im finding my MPSS are melting pretty quickly, nothing wrong with an RSR though :thumbs:

EDIT: NS2R and NS2 are very different prospects ;)

Edited by docwra

When I first got my zed it had mixed fronts, a ns2 and falken 452, I did a trackday with said mixed fronts, bar a tiny bit of understeer if really pushing on, they were more than adequate, so much so I shod my current 19's in them, dont believe all you read, but the ns2r's are completely different anyway :)

FWIW Federal RSR are good and close to R888 from that list dowcra put up but if you want a tyre in a different league but still road legal then get the federal FZ-201ðŸ‘

I will be looking at these myself for next year.