Clutch Prob.

Ash007

morning all,

just noticed something weird yesterday, infact, first time i have done a wheelspin, and noticed the whole clutch pedal was going in and then staying in. I wanted to change to second gear and the clutch pedal was already down to floor itself, had to wait couple of mintes before it came back up, and then i heard a thump.. not good! :dry:

anyway this morning it seems fine, but i have that slight burning smell, like when i first got the car and things were settling in... but seems to be going away slowly...

anyone else had this prob.

morning all,

just noticed something weird yesterday, infact, first time i have done a wheelspin, and noticed the whole clutch pedal was going in and then staying in. I wanted to change to second gear and the clutch pedal was already down to floor itself, had to wait couple of mintes before it came back up, and then i heard a thump.. not good! :dry:

anyway this morning it seems fine, but i have that slight burning smell, like when i first got the car and things were settling in... but seems to be going away slowly...

anyone else had this prob.

I'd take it to a stealer mate :blush:

ok i phoned the dealer, and i explained what happened, basically he states its a known problem with the heavier cars and pathfinder for example, apparently the clutch fluid oil, boils and as it turns watery, it then loses the clucth, just have to wait a minute and then becomes normal. (also happens if your holding it at biting point for long periods)

right now its ok as i said, but if it happens constantly i told him will be bringing it in.

whats it sound like to you guys??

ok i phoned the dealer, and i explained what happened, basically he states its a known problem with the heavier cars and pathfinder for example, apparently the clutch fluid oil, boils and as it turns watery, it then loses the clucth, just have to wait a minute and then becomes normal. (also happens if your holding it at biting point for long periods)

right now its ok as i said, but if it happens constantly i told him will be bringing it in.

whats it sound like to you guys??

I would get a second opinion - sounds like fob-off to me as what you have experienced is not at all normal. Might be worth contacting the previous owner as things like that can be why cars are traded in. If necessary get an AA or RAC inspection if you continue to get the brush-off. Good luck :thumbs:

I suppose that could be one explanation but you would have to give it some serious slipping to get the fluid to actually boil. It could also be a faulty slave cylinder, or even something with the pedal linkage itself. Have you checked the fluid to see if its low?

Sounds a bit sus to me, its not unusually for brake fluid to boil if you really over-cook the brakes...but for the fluid to boil in a clutch system :lol: I think the centre plate would have disintegrated before that happend.

Next they'll be saying you lost your power steering cos the fluid boiled...now that would be scary :drive1

That's one of the biggest fob offs I've ever heard - certainly not normal.

Are your dealer insinuating that Nissan are supplying cars (or clutches in this case) which aren't fit for purpose?

What a load of tosh - "oh yeah its a heavy car", yeah pull the other one.

Even though I havn't taken delivery of my zed yet...This happened to me on my test drive. I gave it some beans from the lights and when I changed up into forth (i was driving hard still) the clutch never came all the way back up.

This was on a new 07 GT 350z softtop

I'm currently having, shall we say 'discussions' with Nissan Switzerland about this.

My clutch occassionally gets stuck about half way up when the car is hot. By hot I mean either I've been giving it some or it's also happened stuck in a traffic jam in 30 degrees heat.

I'm getting to the stage now where I might have to involve a solicitor as they've started saying I might have to pay for part of the work/parts. It's been like this since day 1 so I'm not having any of it. The fact that 4 attempts and 20,000 kms later they still haven't fixed it is not my fault.

I'll let you know how I get on. :wacko: