Graffiti and Car Park shots.

DARE350

I recently explored a few locations close to where I live to try and find some good spots for car photography. As well as loving getting some proper photos of my 350Z, I also need proof of what I can offer as I start up a freelance design & photography business.

But yeah these are the results where I just used available light rather than any big rig set ups, hope they go down well on here :)

15049783342_d49615be87_c.jpg03 Graffiti Rear Quarters DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

15050140875_2fdaca1c6a_c.jpg03 Graffiti Front Angle DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

14863486670_63c0cdc1fb_c.jpg03 Engine Bay Shopped DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

14863418239_59961aacda_c.jpg02Floodlit Side On DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

15049787652_ebc851aee4_c.jpg02 Floodlit Forward DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

14863419909_ab0e9540b3_c.jpg01 Howarth Side On DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

15027142056_5c58c3a6cb_c.jpg03 Graffiti zHDR DB by HE is DARE, on Flickr

Plenty more on my Flickr if anyone's interested and click the thumbnails for the high res!

Edited by DARE350
  • Like 4

Thanks for all the comments, I am really happy with the look of the car for now and the parts from Tarmac have completed the vision I had for it. Definitely nice to get confirmation that the guys on here who see some stunning 350s every day can appreciate it too :)

Just one thing I'd do next time, ...I think it looks good in photos sometimes if you turn the steering wheel full lock. ;)

You're 100% right on that, especially when it comes to the angled shots rather than just side on. Thanks for the tip!

Good photos, were these taken by you? I'm not a massive fan of the huge signature/watermark ruining the photos however, some decent photos.

Yeah I invested in a decent camera and the long game is to work on professional projects under the freelance design name. I have actually been rethinking my approach on the watermark because I know it takes away from the images, it's just hard to work out a way to get the content online looking its best whilst also keeping a link back to me just in case someone wants to get in contact.

Hope you don't mind a critique on a few of the images, so here goes

I'm not a fan of the graffiti backdrop, too cluttered imo, distracts from the zed.

I can see your reflection on the car in a couple of images...try and avoid this.

I like the hay bales shot on Flickr but you might like to clone the power cables out

Apart from that, the zed looks great and there's plenty of good shots there.

Good luck with the business

Hey I love the feedback and critique, I can't imagine anyone thinks they've taken the perfect photo :D

I think I will stop plastering the watermark for sure, some small simple text should do the job. It's funny the decisions you make just because you've seen others doing something without thinking it over for yourself.

After getting them online I noticed the reflections and the power lines on those landscape shots are an annoying distraction, will try to touch them out :)

Thanks for the support, will be a long term thing getting the design business together but I don't see myself doing anything else so it kinda has to work!