Exhaust Issues!

Hougenie

Hi folks,

Took the 350z to the garage today as thought there was some corrosion of the exhaust....I was right :(

The guy at the garage tells me it's the exhaust centre and rear silencer that need replacing?!?

I am pretty clueless when it comes to this, but Ive been looking at Cobra exhaust here...

http://www.cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust-products/nissan/350z/nissan-350z-03-09/nissan-350z-centre-rear-non-resonated.html

And also Invidia Gemini exhaust system like this...

http://www.vividracing.co.uk/invidia_gemini_catback_exhaust_rolled_titanium_tips_nissan_350z_02_08_1013818816.php

My question is would these be suitable to fix the issue. I think I would go for one of these over stock if they are ok.

Sorry if this is a ridiculously simple question :surrender:

Thanks in advance.

So it seems both of these will be ok/solve the problem?

Does it just come down to which I prefer in terms of sound/look or are there any differences in performance between the 2

Thanks for the input so far

There will be imo a very slight difference in performance between the two as the Cobra is a single pipe from the Y pipe back as I understand it whereas the Invidia is a true dual exhaust system.

A true dual exhaust system is supposed to be better for performance from what I understand although I'd imagine the difference is not noticeable apart from maybe on a dyno & even then it probably isn't much.

As Stevo mentions though also depends on your budget as the Invidia is pretty much twice the price of the Cobra. ;)

I'd highly recommend the Invidia Gemini system Hougenie. It's what I bought for mine and is fantastic with no drone whatsoever.

The Cougar Store or Tarmac Sportz are both very good traders that can sort you out a good deal on your new exhaust system I'm sure. :thumbs:

+ 1 having had my invidia supplied by Tarmac and fitted by the cougar store I can highly recommend it and them too. As for budget yes the invidia is more than the cobra but it is the full cat back system so no need for a y pipe. so if you did need to change the y pipe at some point the full cobra system doesn't work out much cheaper.

Edited by SHEZZA