Rear brake issue

Vlad

It's one thing after another :lol:

Recently replaced all brakes (discs, pads, fluid)

During the process I accidentally pushed one of the pistons out (rear calliper, passenger side)...

I've replaced seals and dust covers on it, refitted it all, bled the system all usual stuff...

Brakes work fine, but that rear passenger one sometimes makes rubbing noise... Does it randomly...so it's not all the time...

Sounds like pad touching disc...

Anyone had similar issue and can point in right direction?

I think it's something like piston getting jammed or something and not going all the way in ones brakes released, causing pad to touch the disc? But what would cause that? It's pretty simple system with seals and piston...so can't see what I've done wrong? But obviously done something wrong lol

Any advice will be welcome :)

Gonna take it off tomorrow to have a look :)

I am led to believe that the pad touches the disc all the time by just skimming the surface.

It should soon go altogether.

However if you take the wheel off after jacking it up and release the handbrake you can spin the disc, thus finding out where its coming from.

Yea, that's what I'm gonna do 1st to see if I can spot where it's catching by just spinning it by hand :thumbs: