My Z, What to install, and possibilties ?

M350ZB

Do I install...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do I install...

• Games console?
    • Sat nav (Tom Tom)?
    • Car PC/Car puter?

Right,

After seeing some various install's to 350z's and other cars, im still debating what one. As i have no sat nav in mine, just an empty cubby. Im thinking of installing some sort of device but still am thinking i have around a £200 busget max, so what one to go for.

Do i install say a tom tom, wired to 12V DC, and get a plate made up. That way got a sat nav installed !

Or do i (secondly) get a ps2 or x box or something, with a screen and wireless controls, also meaning having a dvd player, and as silly as it sounds music videos from dvd and that, and gaming ability, but no sat nav!

Question on this though, can i wire it up to my bose sound system ?

Or thirdly, do i get a car puter or a car pc, what ever way you want to vall this, had a little look on ebay, but want to keep within my budget, this could potentially give me dvd, music, sat-nav, internet, gps, and loads more, seen zed-rush you have a install do any others, want to give me some tips e.t.c, i think this is the best option as vaule for money ill get everything ?

I have found a company who can transmit sounds from the pc unit to the fm radio, bit like an i-pod, but no clue on the quality of sound, saves all the wires ?

How-ever again, can i wire this into my bose soudn system.

P.M to Admin ppl, can you put a poll up for all three,

1/games console

2/sat nav (tom tom unit)

3/car puter/car pc

Any help and tips would be much greatfull, thanks guys !

Failing that, one option not up there is an all in one unit that would replace the BOSE and give you Bluetooth, better sound, Sat Nav all in one. :thumbs:

Might be a bit tight to get that for £200 though?

It'll be tight to get any of it for £200 :blush:

For the price of a Tom Tom, then the hassle / cost of wiring it, making a plate up, fitting it and then the quality of it, a little bit extra ££ on an integrated unit would pay dividends IMO. :)

If you fancy a few little gadgets and things to play with, then a head unit like this would be a good start - http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blaupun ... -5924.html

Great tuner and good phone performance.

Followed up by a portable Sat Nav would do a job.

As an integrated one, try one of these - http://www.nav-now.co.uk/product.php?fdProductId=52

thanks matey, but im thinking more down the lines of a pc intall, gives me all the advantages,

sat-nav

dvd

cd - 1,000s of songs on hard drive

microsoft files

internet

the possibilities are endless

might even be able to catch the footie on a tv unit for the pc

thanks any ways !

thanks matey, but im thinking more down the lines of a pc intall, gives me all the advantages,

sat-nav

dvd

cd - 1,000s of songs on hard drive

microsoft files

internet

the possibilities are endless

might even be able to catch the footie on a tv unit for the pc

thanks any ways !

OK mate :)

But I'm really confused how this can be gained for £350!! :wacko::headhurt:

Ever heard of the phrase, its not what you know, its who you know ?

I reckon i could get a pc, wit sat nav, dvd, music, and the usual rif raf plus a touch screen for around the £300 mark, you wait till near x-mas boys, will be showing you some pics of my Z, got some big plans, hope you all like...................

Ever heard of the phrase, its not what you know, its who you know ?

I reckon i could get a pc, wit sat nav, dvd, music, and the usual rif raf plus a touch screen for around the £300 mark, you wait till near x-mas boys, will be showing you some pics of my Z, got some big plans, hope you all like...................

I have indeed, and unfortunately that normally means hot gear. And since I've had more than my fair share of stuff stolen, I'd happily :boxing: anyone who offered it to me.

If you know suppliers etc, I'm confused by the question as we don't know who you know! :p

No its not hot stuff, just i have a few contacts threw work who will hopefully do me a neat system,

at the moment, its £215, for pc, dvd/cd drive, sat nav, wireless sound transfer (optional), and personal load up screen and desk top screen, i.e 350Z.

then hopefully i will be looking at a lilliput 7" touch screen off of ebay, and job done!

Ill keep you all informed !

you will also need some sort of inverter or power supply designed for auto-shutdown/startup of car pc, a new headunit and associated adapter(s)..

you should be aiming for low power usage (my PC uses under 60 watts) - just bunging a pc in the boot and connecting it to some cheapo inverter is a half-arsed job - spend more and do it properly.. achieving a stable power supply (that can survive engine crank) to the screen and the PC is important for a proper install.

other costs may include wiring/usb hubs/bluetooth/network cards/tv and radio integration/steering wheel control interface etc

no idea what wireless sound transfer is meant to mean..

I wouldnt try and do it for less than 500 quid (even buying some 2nd hand stuff)