My Z, What to install, and possibilties ?

M350ZB

Do I install...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do I install...

• Games console?
    • Sat nav (Tom Tom)?
    • Car PC/Car puter?

ok, im taking your advice, seen a systme i want, with sat-nav, dvd,cd rw, e.t.c, but he is saying they cant fo tv, as its a 1.1. or somethign and not a 2, any ideas what this means ?

Also i got a 53 plate, with the opne (catch) style chubby hole, could i fit a sliding one or ?, and costs ?

Thanks

you mean a standard head unit with dvd/sat nav and not a pc right? no idea what he means about 1.1/2 - if he is talking about the space where the radio is then it's a 2 DIN space where the stereo is..

you can fit a 2004-2006 cubby to a 2003 model car no problem (although if you want to fit a touchscreen then its easier to fit in the 2003 cubby as the sliding mechanism is less bulky and the back of the cubby can be removed easilly).

No its a pc, something to do with the usb or something, its a 1.1 not a 2, im pc clueless, lol.

Im sure once i get it though i shoudl be able to install it, shouldnt i, a mate has got it on his lap-top, just a simple install program right or ?

And the chubby hole, mines a 53 plate as stated, and when you mean sliding you just mean opening, liek touching the button and the door opens from bottom and the plastic piece, sticks out of dash, dosent hide away in dash liek Z's with nissan sat nav fitted right ?

ah usb i see

if the computer only has usb v1.1 ports and your tv usb device only supports usb v2 then it clearly wont work..

i would recommend sticky with the 2003 cubby if installing a touchscreen there.. I even bought a 2003 cubby and installed in my 2004 car for this purpose..

you can fit the motorised cubby if you want (and its not cheap to buy one) but installing a screen will then become a nightmare..

could you post a pic of your screen, ok think i will keep with the 53 one, only thing is the plastic door as such just sits there, does this annoy you ?

Also with the 7" VGA screen, this needs a power source, and connected to the pc right, what way did you run your cables e.t.c ?

The door isnt so bad I am used to it - would be nicer if it fully retracted but in fact its quite useful that it doesnt as it can help cut down on glare from the screen I find..

I have explained this stuff before in ICE section (and posted photos!) - suggest you search a bit! The screen of course needs a power source.. along with a USB and a VGA cable running to the PC (USB assuming its a touchscreen)..