Dual Rear Caliper set up

StevoD

Looked at a very similar setup to this for someone else (but never did it) they were going to use a kit made for a 200SX - it would have taken the rear brembos straight on but the plate would have needed work to fit the hub.

The basic idea is the same add another cailiper to the rear disk and plumb it to a separate hydro hand brake lever - In this instance (a second lever for hydro) the current cable handbrake would remain perfectly functional. Well as much good as it is now :lol:

Dunno if that helps at all :shrug:

Dude I don't get why you don't do what I have? The hydro has just been plumbed into the rear calipers, cable hand brake still works, the abs and braking systems still work and I've had no issues with it. Or buy the driftworks ksport callipers which have 2 pots for normal and 2 for the hydro?

By the time you've bought brackets, new calipers, pads, lines, remote reservoir etc it will be so expensive

Edited by AliveBoy

Would it not be easier to get some drifting Brake shoes for the drum assembly on our cars?

I know Dixcel Brake do brake shoes purely for drifting.

Scroll down to RGM Type

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/pad/pad_r.html#rgm

The cables stretch quite easily and they stretch unevenly too. It's a bit unpredictable, especially if you need to rely on it at 80mph into a 90 degree bend :lol:

Would it not be easier to get some drifting Brake shoes for the drum assembly on our cars?

I know Dixcel Brake do brake shoes purely for drifting.

Scroll down to RGM Type

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/pad/pad_r.html#rgm

The cables stretch quite easily and they stretch unevenly too. It's a bit unpredictable, especially if you need to rely on it at 80mph into a 90 degree bend :lol:

Ah, that's fair enough.

Dude I don't get why you don't do what I have? The hydro has just been plumbed into the rear calipers, cable hand brake still works, the abs and braking systems still work and I've had no issues with it. Or buy the driftworks ksport callipers which have 2 pots for normal and 2 for the hydro?

By the time you've bought brackets, new calipers, pads, lines, remote reservoir etc it will be so expensive

i was going to get the D2 kit, untill dirftworks said it eliminates the cable brake which seems stupid to me.

Hold on, the cable and the calipers are separate systems aren't they? The cable operates the drums as BM points out.