Help!! Diffuser fallen off mysteriously needs refitting.

jimmy.farrow7

I wondered if any one can help. I thought it would be funny earlier on today to reverse my Z into a barrier in the multi story which resulted in my rear diffuser falling off however no damage to car or diffuser.

I wondered if anyone has any ideas about refitting it as the I would like it to remain there permanently from now on, the clips to hold it to the bumper are very small and awkward and i didnt know if there are any other ways to fit a rear diffuser, Some people have suggested using Sikaflex/tigerseal and 3m tape etc but this seems a bit weak to hold down a rear diffuser and also if it falls off down the motorway, well could cause a serious accident.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tigerseal should do it ~ never used it myself but have heard it's good for bonding panels & trim. Epoxy resin is my usual go to for bonding things together. ;)

Whatever you do I'd scuff up the surfaces that are going to be bonded together to help them adhere properly. Can't see any harm in scuffing up the bumper paint when the diffuser will hide it especially if you're happy it's going to be a permanent fixture. I'd maybe use some self tapping screws or bolts as well in areas where they won't be seen especially if you're worried about the diffuser coming off. :thumbs:

Thought it just came in different colours. Both are very strong. It won't come off. But you could countersunk some small pop rivets or self tapping screws in for extra hold. Generally what ever material you bond to will break before the tigerseal or sixaflex let go.