First service - poor history what to get done.

Randy_Baton

My car is a 2004 GT, brought last year with 67k on the clock. Its has a stamp to show its been serviced every year and was serviced last Sept. However I don't know what has been done. The stamp just states 32 point service. The company who serviced it say they tailor the service for the specific manufacturer/model service plan and they are not an independent :headhurt:

So question is what should I get done, I feel like I should clean slate it. I've changed the air filter and recently had an over heat that need about 3 litres of coolant to be replaced so I was going to ignore those parts but so far my list is:

Engine oil filter and oil change

Brake fluid change

Spark plug change

Gear box and dif oil change

Belt change (presuming both Aux belts ???)

I know a few of you will tell me to get my hands dirty but, I don't have a drive or garage so have to work by the side of the road. I also very much a 2 steps forward 1 step back kind of guy, so something will go wrong!

Edited by Randy_Baton

I'd add clutch fluid to that list and also when the gearbox oil is done I'd get them to add some Molyslip at the same time.

Did exactly the same with my Zed not long after I'd bought it as at least you know where you are for sure then. ;)

Had my clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder replaced earlier in the year by Japex so presume the clutch fluid doesn't need replacing?

Clean slate it

Get a P2 done

Thats what I was planing but want to make sure I've got everything covered.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Had my clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder replaced earlier in the year by Japex so presume the clutch fluid doesn't need replacing?

Well that's fine then. They'll have had to drain & replace the fluid then when replacing the slave cylinder.

Fyi this is Molyslip;

molyslip_gm6.jpg

I'd definitely get that done as it helped smooth out my gear changes and is pretty cheap too. :thumbs:

Either Super 7 in Worthing or Owen Garage in Haywards Heath, both have been recommend by forum members.

Just found out my MOT ran out last week so getting that done first in case any other bits of work need to be done. Luckily I don't need to use my car and there is an independent MOT garage on my street and I'm parked outside.

MOT/Service/Insurance all due in the next 4 weeks !!!