Troublesome tenants

Flex

Our last Tennant worked in my workplace. Was not impressed when they moved out. As they left the place in a right state, broken kit, furniture had to be thown out, new appliances needed. Redecorated as well.

Don't rent to people you know. I found it hard to make sure it didn't follow into the workplace.

Unfortunately a risk of having tenants, I don't have any property now it all went in my divorce years back but I used to calculate in a certain amount to put the places back to a decent standard when tenants moved out :shrug:

Not sure on finding their new address but surely there must be ways of finding them?

Deposit will cover this but won't cove the loss in rent. I'm gutted.

Hopefully the new ones will be better!

A good tenant is worth their weight in gold aren't they :surrender:

God yeah. We had a Polish couple move in, the guy was a builder and said if we paid for the insulation materials at cost price he would insulate the place. Also our old neighbour reported him sat out on the upstairs window ledge polishing the outside of the windows the other day!

I specifically asked my agent to try and get a Polish couple or family in.......far more pride in themselves than the majority of the native scrotter classes.

Well the new ones will be foreign, strange situation but a couple approached me who have a mushroom farm and they provide accommodation to their workers, they showed me around one of their houses they have some of their workers in and it was immaculate.

So I've upped the deposit this time and hopefully this time will work out better!

You can always pursue them through a small claims court. Follow them as they leave, and make sure there's a full tank of fuel in your car.

I've rented many a time and been the landlord for over 10 years and so far never an issue. One tenant wanted to re-decorate the entire property at their cost. Can't moan at that.

Yeah the CCJ is in place now so hoping I'll get it back but I have a feeling it will be spread over a long period.

You can always pursue them through a small claims court. Follow them as they leave, and make sure there's a full tank of fuel in your car.

I've rented many a time and been the landlord for over 10 years and so far never an issue. One tenant wanted to re-decorate the entire property at their cost. Can't moan at that.

Yeah the CCJ is in place now so hoping I'll get it back but I have a feeling it will be spread over a long period.

Iv'e always thought that tenants should be on a register of sorts and these sort of things be recorded, open to abuse of course but might help 'blacklist' people that just keep doing this sort of thing.

• Like 1

The situation that your in sucks.... But in truth if they can't afford your rent then there's no chance of getting your money back. Just don't get worked up about it and try not to take it personally. My father was in your situation 18 months ago and he got so worked up about it I'm pretty the stress contributed to his death.... All over a poxy £1500...... These days I help my mother run her 10 houses. Most of the tennents are good but theres always a problem lol

Sorry to hear this dude.

Parent's neighbour once knocked on their door wanting some advice. One of his tenants had died two months previously of a drugs overdose and at the time of his death owed a few months rent. He asked if they thought enough time had passed to send the tenant's dad a letter chasing the rent as the father was the guarantor!