Fibreglass bonnet and bonnet struts / lifters

AmyZed

Hey,

Wondered if anyone could help...

I have an aftermarket replica Veilside fibreglass bonnet... I believe that gas struts would be too powerful and damage the bonnet?

My bonnet stay/stick is broken and my next step with the Z is to modify the engine bay now... but i'll need something good to have the bonnet up at shows.

Does anyone know of anything i can buy to have the bonnet up that won't damage the lightweight bonnet?

I am looking forward to getting cracking under there but this is the first step so I don't need a broom pole! :blush:

Amy im suprised you didnt ask me this. What i would advise doing is buying a cheap bonnet lifter kit then getting some custom gas struts made. There is a place just down the road from me that did mine. They make the gas struts to suppost the weight of the bonnet. We can have a chat about this at the weekend.

• Like 2

How the heck did you/do you manage to break your bonnet stay/stick Amy?? :scare:

The aftermarket bonnet dampers such as Circuit Sports do advise not to be used with carbon, but I know they can be used with care. Not sure about fibreglass though and as others have advised, I think having a set of dampers made that can handle the lighter bonnet (especially given fibreglass and your paintwork) would be the best option.