Cheap, reliable 5 door - any suggestions?

14N

I had a Leon Cupra before the Zed - FSH and relatively low mileage, it should have been a great car. It wasn't. Uninspiring, flimsy, everything prone to failing, poorly built - newer VAG stuff is terrible. I had a Passat TDi 4Motion prior to that, and whilst a lovely car to own, also had far too many components fail, all expensive to replace. I don't think I'll ever go back there.

I had a Leon Cupra before the Zed - FSH and relatively low mileage, it should have been a great car. It wasn't. Uninspiring, flimsy, everything prone to failing, poorly built - newer VAG stuff is terrible. I had a Passat TDi 4Motion prior to that, and whilst a lovely car to own, also had far too many components fail, all expensive to replace. I don't think I'll ever go back there.

This! My golf was the most unreliable pos I've ever had. Both my parents drive audis and they are just as bad. Overestimated in my opinion and would never recommend without a decent warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to go with the earlier comments, Ford Focus all day long for me. Parts are dirt cheap and readily available. Plenty of cars up for sale so wont have to travel far to check a few out. Generally cheaper than German alternatives.