Engine Stress?

Zedrush

Hya all, just wondering if I can pick your brains, I am meeting up with a very good and respectable tuner today and going to invest in some engine mods before I go to Mexico tomo. :yahoo:

Nw before people start saying it, I dont want to go down the supercharger route or turbo route. I just want a bit more power without too much done to the engine and too much hassel.

So in short just going down the HKS Fcon IS and wet nos kit 50 shot:

http://www.forgedperformance.com/store/ ... 256&page=1

http://www.ultimatez.com/shop/index.php ... itemid=155

(these are not where Im buying them from just pictures and descriptions to aid understanding)

Now He said the Fcon will be able to see everything going on with my engine bay, it will remap the ECU and allow the exhaust, high flow cats, plenum and induction kit come into play and also de-restrict the top end speed to 170mph. The wetkit Nos on top will be just for a bit of fun. Can anyone see any problems or BS with this set up?

Will it have any problems on the original engine management system or stress on the engine compartments them selves. Will I need to buy anything else to help aid this setup or support it?

Just want to make sure before I part with the cheque :blush:

Check with your insurance company first.

Then you need to see if it is legal on the roads, for some reason i think it is ok now to have on the road but i could be wrong. I think its just for private road use but its ok to be installed on the road.

where's the kaboom smilie

Alot of people have put Nos on over the American 350z site and says that they are running fine as long as you dont go mad plus going for progressive Nos, Adam@z1 also said it will be fine, just contemplating if Utec or Fcon is the one I go for on the remap front :D

Hya all, just wondering if I can pick your brains, I am meeting up with a very good and respectable tuner today and going to invest in some engine mods before I go to Mexico tomo. :yahoo:

Nw before people start saying it, I dont want to go down the supercharger route or turbo route. I just want a bit more power without too much done to the engine and too much hassel.

So in short just going down the HKS Fcon IS and wet nos kit 50 shot:

http://www.forgedperformance.com/store/ ... 256&page=1

http://www.ultimatez.com/shop/index.php ... itemid=155

(these are not where Im buying them from just pictures and descriptions to aid understanding)

Now He said the Fcon will be able to see everything going on with my engine bay, it will remap the ECU and allow the exhaust, high flow cats, plenum and induction kit come into play and also de-restrict the top end speed to 170mph. The wetkit Nos on top will be just for a bit of fun. Can anyone see any problems or BS with this set up?

Will it have any problems on the original engine management system or stress on the engine compartments them selves. Will I need to buy anything else to help aid this setup or support it?

Just want to make sure before I part with the cheque :blush:

Hi Zedrush,

The FCON does not remove the speed limiter on the 305Z.

We have installed a low power nitorus system one one 350Z that gets used very hard. There were not any problems but it's a very risky strategy.

Personally I wouldn't do it without stronger rods at the very least, unless I was prepared for the worst.

HTH :)

Jay - to be fair, I didn't just say "it would work fine ;)"

There are always caveats with modding of course. How well your motor takes it is dependant on many factors - not the least of which is who does the install and who sets the tuning up. It makes all the difference in the world, from the biggest mods to the smallest.

Further it depends how often you use it as well.

If you do a proper wet type 50 shot kit, and your motor is in top shape to begin with (do a compression check first to be absolutely sure), I see no reason why longevity would be compromised at all, assuming the install is done by someone familiar with nitrous.

oh really!

i've have been told differant !

so what would I need to de-restrict the car ?

Hi, you need to purchase a separaet speed delimiter.

If you would like to PM I can provide you the details.

Thanks and best regards

Mark :)

• 1 month later...
Some of the FCON models are capable of manipulating the speed limiter on some cars.

The FCON iS or SZ doesn't have an effective SLD function for the 350Z :)

Sorry if this post is 1 month old.. but i just noticed TDi stated 2 different types of re-map ECU.. FCON iS and SZ - Whats the difference between these two?

Some of the FCON models are capable of manipulating the speed limiter on some cars.

The FCON iS or SZ doesn't have an effective SLD function for the 350Z :)

Sorry if this post is 1 month old.. but i just noticed TDi stated 2 different types of re-map ECU.. FCON iS and SZ - Whats the difference between these two?

The iS model has replaced the previous SZ model. It has some additional useful functionality plus an output to view some engine parameters on an external screen (instead of buying separate meters) B)