Pics of the bay!

Rock_Steady

Not disappointed at all ~ looks great and a bit jealous tbh. :blush:

Searched so hard for a good GT4 about 6-7 years ago now. Just one oily rotten dog after another, ...the final straw was after I took a 100+ mile trip to see one described as excellent condition. It wasn't. :dry:

In the end I decided to look for a JDM Impreza, ...this did not end well either. :angry: Long story cut short: bought one, sunk £K's into it, blew the engine twice, sold at a loss. :thumbdown:

jesus, that's a real bummer GM. But it is hard to find a nice ST185. What was it that failed on the engine?

Well the first time it happened on the Impreza was about two months after I first purchased it and it was the big end that went. This was due to oil starvation after the oil pump failed on my way back from Japfest one year.

...And the second time was about two years later after I had sunk literally three times or more than the car was worth into performance mods etc. This time it went in spectacular fashion smashing a snapped conrod through the side of the engine block. :byebye:

Turned out to be the best/worst/most unreliable/fastest car I'd ever owned to date at the time. :lol:

• Like 1

jesus, that's a real bummer GM. But it is hard to find a nice ST185. What was it that failed on the engine?

Well the first time it happened on the Impreza was about two months after I first purchased it and it was the big end that went. This was due to oil starvation after the oil pump failed on my way back from Japfest one year.

...And the second time was about two years later after I had sunk literally three times or more than the car was worth into performance mods etc. This time it went in spectacular fashion smashing a snapped conrod through the side of the engine block. :byebye:

Turned out to be the best/worst/most unreliable/fastest car I'd ever owned to date at the time. :lol:

:lol: i'm not surprised you threw in the towel. But what does surprise me is, I was always under the impression that subarus were super reliable. Must've been heart breaking... and wallet breaking!

:lol: i'm not surprised you threw in the towel. But what does surprise me is, I was always under the impression that subarus were super reliable. Must've been heart breaking... and wallet breaking!

I have heard Subaru's are reliable too but I guess sometimes it's just down to luck or how the car has been looked after previously or who's worked on it or who is doing the work on it.

Unfortunately for me the engine builders I chose where not as good as I had been led to believe by members of Scoobynet who had probably only had minor work done on their cars by them as one things for sure they couldn't build a boxer engine to last. :mad:

Bad luck for my mate too because after they did my engine (well we thought at first) he used them to build his boxer engine on his 98 JDM Type RA with a full Cosworth built engine. Mine lasted 12K miles before it went t*ts up, ....his lasted less than that and after legal threats he was refunded a lot of his money along with his knackered engine which he took to another place to get it sorted.

6 Years later and his Impreza engine running at around 450hp with a Cosworth 2.1 stroker kit is still running great. Just shows they can be reliable when built correctly in the first place. This is who built his engine and I'd highly recommend them to anyone; http://finchmotorsport.co.uk/index.php

:thumbs:

• Like 1