Alarm going off for no reason then not turning off

scatman

Getting really fed up with my new 350z (2007 model) as the alarm goes off for no reason and then you cannot disarm it without driving off in the car for about 100yards with the alarm going off. Been back to the dealer for 3 days out of the 14days I've owned it, they have replaced the control unit etc. but still doing it.

HELP! :scare:

If Tere is along, she's had this problem with her 350. Had a fix for it.
I was going to suggest swapping to your other key fob -- could be the panic button on the one you're using is overly sensitive or not working correctly. Failing that, connections (as previously mentioned) and if not, then the BCM might need a look see. By the way, I've had the panic button get activated when the keys are in my purse -- something happened to push against it.

My nightmare is the NATS -- the immobilizer does work, and in my case, it seems to have a mind of its own. I'm pretty adept with the ignition unlock voodoo.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Tried allsorts ... been back tot he garage for 2 more days ... changed the Control Module and some other components.

Just had to drive back from the shop with the f'in thing going off with no chance of shutting it up.

Starting to really get fed up.

Tried connections in the boot seemed ok and tried the spare key ... no ..

Really starting to turn into a love hate relationship with this car!

Hmm, kind of left centre, but in my last Nissan Spec R-S15, when the car battery started to get a bit low, the alarm started acting up on a regular basis, was sweet after new battery. Long shot, but you never know. Sorry I only just recalled this. ;)

Presuming the UK spec 350's are the same, what is your volt gauge/pod showing??

Usually with mine, when you first start will be about 14.25 if that makes sense, when it's been running a while, about 14, or on longer runs (not that it's had any of those for a very long time) will run just over 14. That's with the soundZ going, the aircond, the head lights on irrespective of the weather.

• 3 weeks later...

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

Well this really sucks. Took the car back to the dealer, was told that Nissan Technical recommended replacing the alarm control module (agian?) but this was on a 18 day back order ...

The part arrived, was fitted the guys at the dealer drove it around for a couple of days. Returned it as OK, and before I could pick the keys up from the reception at work the alarm was going off ...

Had enough now looking to get my money back!

Thanks for the help though

• 6 months later...
:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

Well this really sucks. Took the car back to the dealer, was told that Nissan Technical recommended replacing the alarm control module (agian?) but this was on a 18 day back order ...

The part arrived, was fitted the guys at the dealer drove it around for a couple of days. Returned it as OK, and before I could pick the keys up from the reception at work the alarm was going off ...

Had enough now looking to get my money back!

Thanks for the help though

Hi,

Did you ever get your alarm fixed or did you get rid of the car? I got my Z at the beginning of January and I have the same alarm problem. The only way I can cancel it is by removing the negative lead from the battery. I now carry a 10mm spanner with me!

Just wondering if anyone definitely had a fix for this.

Thanks in advance,

Austin

try changing the car battery first.

Thanks for the advice Mike. It was a new car in January so I don't think it's the battery. It sometimes won't happen for weeks and then can happen a few times in 1 week. Various members on forums have had modules replaced which seemed to have helped which leads me to believe it's a common fault on the MY07 cars. I just need to find someone who has had theirs fixed and find out what was done.

Thanks again for your help,

Austin

Thanks for the advice Mike. It was a new car in January so I don't think it's the battery. It sometimes won't happen for weeks and then can happen a few times in 1 week. Various members on forums have had modules replaced which seemed to have helped which leads me to believe it's a common fault on the MY07 cars. I just need to find someone who has had theirs fixed and find out what was done.

What about putting in an aftermarket alarm system (or don't you guys do that much in the UK)? They normally go through the whole system as they work to make sure everything is okay. Kind of expensive, but peace of mind. ;)

What about putting in an aftermarket alarm system (or don't you guys do that much in the UK)? They normally go through the whole system as they work to make sure everything is okay. Kind of expensive, but peace of mind. ;)

Hi Bronzee, It's not an option at the minute as the car is under warranty and the Nissan alarm should work.

Thanks,

Austin

no need to change the alarm over here bronzee. The UK one does the job.

Sounds like your in the hands of the dealers Austin

Hi Mike,

I got an answer from someone on the other forum that they had their alarm fixed by getting a module replaced. I'm just waiting for confirmation on whether it was the alarm module or the BCM.

I'll post here if and when I get mine fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Austin

• 4 weeks later...