Alarm going off for no reason then not turning off

scatman

What about putting in an aftermarket alarm system (or don't you guys do that much in the UK)? They normally go through the whole system as they work to make sure everything is okay. Kind of expensive, but peace of mind. ;)

It's not an option at the minute as the car is under warranty and the Nissan alarm should work.

Quite interesting how countries and following insurance companies vary. My 350 was the first 350 my insurance company had insured. I was going to install an aftermarket alarm anyway, but my insurance company would not insure my car with the stock factory alarm system, only one immobiliser.

Great to hear you might get a resolve, as there's been a recall. Good luck. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had an alarm issue too. One of the alarm sensors under the bonnet of mine had seized up.. looked like a bit of moisture got at it or something. But anyways, the switch rusted so when the bonnet was opened or closed, the switch wasn't actually clicking in/out. So randomly the alarm was going off until I spotted it.

It seemed to love going off at night time (possibly more moisture/colder weather) at about 4am... so for a while we just thought the car was afraid of the dark.. :)