Advice needed on using Dynamat please

jamess115

Hi folks. Many will argue that supressing cabin noise in the zed takes away from the character of what the car is, but this is something I have been considering for some time as I just find it too noisy. On a related topic, I am also considering upgrading the bose which just reverberates under the noise of the wheels. So my question is: Does anyone on here have actual experience of using Dynamat ? I know there are alternatives but is it any good? Is it worth stripping out the car for? I know there are alternatives like Skinz etc, but I wouldn't want to go to the trouble of pulling up the carpet/seats/doors etc only to find that it is crap. My idea is to Dynamat the car followed by half inch of Dynaliner. Opinions would be welcome as this appears expensive stuff. Thank-you ...

I dynamat'ed my zed for Audio and Exhaust purposes.

Yes makes a noticeable improvement and makes the car feel more grown up.

I used Dynamat only because I also didn't want to spend less money on something that wasn't as good. Yeah there's others but I just went with the history Dynamat.

Doing the full Audio thing isn't easy especially wiring the door speakers up. If that be the case you're not using the BOSE wiring.

See my build here....... http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/48567-my-350z-from-the-beginning-more-audio/page__st__500

• Like 1

It does work very well, I'm amazed when people say the 350z is noisy though. Try an exige with a race exhaust- then you'll be needing dynamat!

It's well proven and although you'll need to strip and will be adding weight to the car, you should achieve what you're after.

What I can't get my head around is that the stuff is the thickness of a piece of foil and yet people are saying its that effective. Has anyone on here used Dynaliner with it; (in the boot area for eg) ? I can see how that could absorb the sound *UPDATE* I have taken the advice and lined the boot area with Dynamat (which is where the bulk of the noise seems to be coming from and its great. Thanks all.

Edited by jamess115