Door card cleaning

martybhoy

What do you guys use for cleaning up the door cards?

Mines seem to a tad greasy in places as when the light gets to shine on it certain patches are darker with little speckles shining through.

Probably a terrible description but I'm just wondering what sort of trim restorer or cleaner everyone on here tends to work best with a zed interior.

I used autoglym interior shampoo stuff but its not really upto the job :blush:

I personally use Mad Cow Mango Sauce with a soft (hogs hair) brush - I find a cloth doesn't get into the textured surface too well - on mine, but a suitably diluted APC mix or even, as above, just warm water with a weak mix of shampoo also works if you don't want it dressed.

I actually did think about warm water and fairy liquid.

I am not familiar with this mango juice lol but ill certainly check it out.

Good idea about the bruch also :thumbs:

Anymore suggestions let me know. Day off tomorrow (first since I got my zed) so could be some immense cleaning getting done! :teeth:

Once you've cleaned the door cards, you may wish to consider applying Poorboys Natural Look interior dressing.

I've started using it on my Zed interior, following several favourable posts on here.

I must admit, it seems to suit the Zed interior, not too shiny and quite durable.

Once you've cleaned the door cards, you may wish to consider applying Poorboys Natural Look interior dressing.

I've started using it on my Zed interior, following several favourable posts on here.

I must admit, it seems to suit the Zed interior, not too shiny and quite durable.

I agree, great product, good value, and it goes a long way. They had a shop at the Festival of Speed, and had a good chat with the chap there.

What do you clean the suede bits on the door panel with ? Mine are still new, but no doubt I will need to clean them sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump a 10 day old thread but thought I'd share with you my experience with interior trim gels / detailers. If you haven't yet tried the range of angelwax products I highly recommend them. They also do a product called anGel which is a clear interior trim gel. It gives a wonderful non greasy finish, satin I would say best describes the finish, not shiny but not dull, brings everything up like new!

Not got a picture of it on the zed since applying it however I think I've got a picture of my Mazda interior after using somewhere..

Freshly applied (doors, dash, silver plastics, black plastics the lot

yha4ebuz.jpg

And this is a close up of the black trim that was treated approximately 2 months before the picture was taken using the anGel, the finish lasts for months!

7utapepe.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by jonw246