Should there be a cover?

veeg33

Had my gearbox and diff oil changed this morning by my local garage. The owner has kindly lifted up my car when I went to collect it. Everything seems fine according to him except the bit on the rear diff (not sure what's the technical term) but here's a pic

suzedeqy.jpg

geme6aqy.jpg

He's not sure if there is a cover on it or not. So decided ask around. He says it's leaking so best to keep an eye on it.

Is this common and what can i do to get it sorted out?

After some research and asking around, apparently it's a rubber bush filled with 'oil'. I'll still be OK if this is deteriorate apparently. :lol: but knowing it's not 100% in good condition, I'm thinking of getting it sorted out B).

As you have found out just the bush weeping, can continue to do that for a good while without causing issue.

Nissan won't sell you the bush but Whiteline do a replacement kit which we stock :)

Thanks CM, will keep that in mind when I decided it's time to get it sorted. Been spending a little too much on the car :o BTW, as mentioned above, I had changed my gearbox and diff oil today. I can feel the difference it made, much smoother gear change and it feels like cutting through butter. 😂 Thanks!

• Like 1