Tesco 99

Traktion

I've just had a good drive on my first tank full of Tesco 99 petrol and have to say it's pretty sweet! Performance was great and there seemed to be more torque low down too (managed to provoke a little wheel spin in the wet, in forth doing about 40 odd on a bend :scare: lol). Seemed to be at least as good as anything else I have tried for at higher revs too.

Also, one cool thing is low speed performance... after doing 50 miles on a nicely warm engine, the car would stroll along at about 3 mph with my foot off all the pedals in first gear - no sign of stalling. To test it, I actually manoeuvred into a parking space without using the accelerator! lol! It's probably nicer to the engine to give it a few more revs, but a good demonstration of the low end torque characteristics of the fuel! :thumbs:

90.7p a litre I think it was.

Mine did the moving bit before when cold, but I can't remember being able to pull away from a stand still when warm, just by pulling up the clutch.

Anyway, it's pretty decent stuff and a lot cheaper than Optimax/Ultimate around these parts (Southampton).

Mine did the moving bit before when cold, but I can't remember being able to pull away from a stand still when warm, just by pulling up the clutch.

Anyway, it's pretty decent stuff and a lot cheaper than Optimax/Ultimate around these parts (Southampton).

no I confirm I can do the pulling away trick normally :)

nice,paying 95.8p a litre for BP ultimate, so hopefully tesco's will be launching it nationwide soon :)

Oh - I should also have said that I've asked Tesco to refine their website to show which of their petrol stations have Super Unleaded and the relevant RON.

They say they've passed it to their website design people, but it might help if more people asked!

JK

They dont do it at my local Tesco's, I sent them an email saying that they were missing an opportunity.. In Chesterfield we have one station with Shell optimax about five miles out of the centre, one garage that does BP ultimate in the town centre, which is quite arkward to get in/out of. Then a couple more out of town BP stations.

If our Tesco did 99 RON it would almost certainly be the most popular place for all performance cars in Chesterfield to fill up.

As per usual from Tesco - no reply.