Clutch problems

SwissZ

Hi people

Need some advice.....

I've just called my garage to compain about my clutch again. Since new I'm sure it's never been right, but now it seems to be getting worse.

The symptoms are juddering when pulling away in 1st, when the cars hot the clutch pedal will occassionally get stuck half way up when releasing it, its embarrassingly noisey and its generally impossible to pulll away and change gear smoothly.

My garage has gone instantly into defensive mode saying they will have to talk to Nissan Switzerland and that it might involve cost for me if they have to replace the clutch.. etc etc...

I'm royally pee'd off at the moment as the car's been back and forth all its life with this problem.

Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Noises are embaressing. My 04 was a bastard for it but Nissan insisted it was normal. My 07 Z also makes the boiling kettle noise but isn't as bad as the 04.

Clutch pedal sticking half way is a serious issue that Nissan should not be ignoring.

The juddering when pulling away in 1st I'm told is normal. Mine has done it from new also and the dealer recons they all do it!

I don't get any juddddddddering on my current 06 car nor the previous 04 model - yes there is a bit of an art getting away smoothly, other than when leaning on the loud pedal ;) and you do have to floor the clutch to ensure a smooth change from 1st to 2nd when in traffic etc. I tend to blip the throttle on those change-ups to help the process as well as double de-clutching on the way down through the box when maxing the performance and so as to use the engine braking that provides. The noise is so intoxicating I guess that encourages me to that way of driving anyway. I expect driver input with a performance car, but then that what makes the Z such a pleasure. :D When I had couple of Scooby Turbos a while back - yes they were a great drive in any conditions, but frankly the 4-wheel drive made even an inexperienced driver look OK...

When I drive Mrs Ebizeds Jazz there is so little driver input to make any difference you tend to get a bit lazy,and the controls are so light and easy but when I ask for a little more go its like waiting for the next bus :yawn: But on the other hand when you do need Dealer support the Honda guys have got the Nissan guys beaten hands down but that another story.....

Both my ZEDs exhibit the clutch bearing 'rumble' on tickover (not always) but I have been reassured by postings elsewhere that it is normal.